Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Ash Worrall said:
Yeah, but then you don't have an R125 do you? Think about. It aint the same bike after all that.
Nope, it's not the same bike ;) but a tuned R6 isn't the same as a stock one either ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's different though aha. An R6 has 'raw' power. Our r125's are already tuned to make them what they are. A reliable, fast (for a 125) all round good bike.

·
Registered
781 Posts
For how much it will cost mate, you're best doing your test and getting a bigger bike. Not gonna make any drastic difference. Theres only so much a cyclinder on a 125 engine can do
i was researching for you guys and my self as im sticking with this till im 24 then doing full bike test then getting on a restricted r6 cheaper and i like modding things and tunning them :p moneys money at the end of the day aslong as i got a good income i will spend it on parts i can sell them later on if dont want them no more or changing them.

I've read up on it, and it's possible to have as much as 35+ hp from the R125 engine if it's completely modified. (210cc kit, bigger injector, PCV, air filter, camshaft, larger head etc.)
That's about what a 400cc puts out (for example the DRZ)

So, you can get a bit out if it, but, you'll never be the fastest one on the road ;)

However, a 35hp R125 would beat many cars :p

aye were seem to be on the same wave lentgh ;) the fact the achiveameant of doing this would be awsome i dont care how much it would cost :L

·
Registered
781 Posts
tbh its done to your own choice of what you do and want to do to the bike and the fact is ive got till im 24 and im 17 might aswell push some more power out of the bike but i will do alot of research which i have done and will looke for the cheapest place to buy the parts and will search hard to do that get the most out of my money when ever i spend it :p

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
does anyone know if there is fork protectors available
Do you mean fork sliders or proper protectors/covers?

Motovation offers fork sliders (singapore)
ASFAIK there's no fork covers.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts