Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Depends on what you're going for! Single colour? Then ebay is your best bet!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xyzf r125 halo&_nkw=yzf r125 halo&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I have Multicolour ones, but they can't handle the heat, so can't really recommend them (They break)

Good luck! :)

With these angel eyes do they act as actual headlights? How would I install them or do I need to have a mechanic do it for me? I want to get the blue ones but fear they may be illegal in the UK :(

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
With these angel eyes do they act as actual headlights? How would I install them or do I need to have a mechanic do it for me? I want to get the blue ones but fear they may be illegal in the UK :(
angle eyes are illegal in the Uk and alot of work to fit, because you will need to put head lights in the oven to open them

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Don't know why they're illegal here really, they're coming standard in pretty much all cars right now....

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Don't know why they're illegal here really, they're coming standard in pretty much all cars right now....
Yeah like all M Series Beemers.

·
Registered
884 Posts
angle eyes are illegal in the Uk and alot of work to fit, because you will need to put head lights in the oven to open them
Where did you get this knowledge from that they are illegal? I just did a quick google search and found this thread. http://www.zxforums.com/forums/gene...-eyes-pretty-leds-what-does-law-have-say.html as far as I can tell, they don't seem to be illegal unless they are a colour such as blue or red that would make people think its emergency services or something.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Where did you get this knowledge from that they are illegal? I just did a quick google search and found this thread. http://www.zxforums.com/forums/gene...-eyes-pretty-leds-what-does-law-have-say.html as far as I can tell, they don't seem to be illegal unless they are a colour such as blue or red that would make people think its emergency services or something.

can't find the source but basically the only legal colours for the front of any motor vehicle is white or yellow. Don't ask coppers mate, hardly any of them even know the law, if you seriously want to find out then ask a solicitor (the ones who deal with traffic incidents)

·
Registered
884 Posts
can't find the source but basically the only legal colours for the front of any motor vehicle is white or yellow. Don't ask coppers mate, hardly any of them even know the law, if you seriously want to find out then ask a solicitor (the ones who deal with traffic incidents)
So white angel eyes are fine then?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
So white angel eyes are fine then?
Yupp :)

they are abit of a ballache to fit tho...
it involves popping the headlights into the oven to melt the glue so you can prise the lens off
then you need to figure out what bonding agent you want to use to attach the angel eyes
possibly drill a hole for the wiring? Once that is all done then re-attaching the lens requires either tiger seal or popping them back in the oven

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yupp :)

they are abit of a ballache to fit tho...
it involves popping the headlights into the oven to melt the glue so you can prise the lens off
then you need to figure out what bonding agent you want to use to attach the angel eyes
possibly drill a hole for the wiring? Once that is all done then re-attaching the lens requires either tiger seal or popping them back in the oven

Could I get my dealer to do it? Or would the cost be too much lol :p

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Don't think they want to do suck things... As there's a huge risk that the headlights get damaged.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yamaha dealer...? No.
Custom tuning garage/shop...? Probably no.
I'm afraid it is a DIY thing, until such time that someone starts manufacturing aftermarket headlights with the angel eyes installed.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
In low light, overcast or poor visibility conditions, a red light coming towards you can be very confusing/distracting.

·
Registered
781 Posts
right a few more websites to add for parts are Hyperpro they do a street box kit which has proggressive front and rear springs and rear adjustable shock by looks of it and a set up guide for our bike i cant find a place that sells it atm but i can find aswell on there website seperatley front proggisve spring kit and rear proggessive spring if i find links i will add them to this thread also i found daytona parts for the r125 will fit our bike as theres a race ecu for the r15 that will fit and a race cam which i reckon would be better for a 182 kit as it looks more aggressive but there are other cams for the r15 that would fit ours that are agressive and does away with the decompression cam so will have less weight that has to be rotated so infact your putting less stress on your engine at a sacrafice of straining your starter motor yeah it may put strain on the starter motor so you will need to fit bigger wires to the stater motor from the relay and battery also i reckon the r15 rear sets would fit out bike and they have removeable heel plates and can buy a back step kit from daytona to move them about look more into that though they also sell a quick action throttle for the r15 that would fit aswell will again find a link for this. and i may have missed a few things out but i am really tired as i was up all night last night as i was too busy looking into all of this also you can get a bigger injector and throttle body which would make a difference when running a 182kit as i know our bikes seem to lose alot of potential becuase of the intake side.

·
Registered
781 Posts
ive also read upon a big valve head(gas flowed) and denso injector upgrade as well as a koso throttle bodie will find links and add up on here

edit :- also found you can get a 6 spring clutch for our bikes i reckon this would improve power delivery and better feel less wear and few other things and i found for our standard clutch from ebc some stiffer clutch springs. and higher voltage ignition coil to help keep a strong spark from all the upgrade

heres a link to one big valve head for the bike but is a video still trying to find a website link also bullSh*t to it giving the bike 26hp maybe 2-3 more hp if fitted on 182 kit which would give about 20-23 depending what you do and fitted to standard cylinder 2hp so about 16 but dont think it would make a difference with stock kit

·
Registered
232 Posts
ive also read upon a big valve head(gas flowed) and denso injector upgrade as well as a koso throttle bodie will find links and add up on here

edit :- also found you can get a 6 spring clutch for our bikes i reckon this would improve power delivery and better feel less wear and few other things and i found for our standard clutch from ebc some stiffer clutch springs. and higher voltage ignition coil to help keep a strong spark from all the upgrade

heres a link to one big valve head for the bike but is a video still trying to find a website link also bullSh*t to it giving the bike 26hp maybe 2-3 more hp if fitted on 182 kit which would give about 20-23 depending what you do and fitted to standard cylinder 2hp so about 16 but dont think it would make a difference with stock kit
For how much it will cost mate, you're best doing your test and getting a bigger bike. Not gonna make any drastic difference. Theres only so much a cyclinder on a 125 engine can do

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Ash Worrall said:
For how much it will cost mate, you're best doing your test and getting a bigger bike. Not gonna make any drastic difference. Theres only so much a cyclinder on a 125 engine can do
I've read up on it, and it's possible to have as much as 35+ hp from the R125 engine if it's completely modified. (210cc kit, bigger injector, PCV, air filter, camshaft, larger head etc.)
That's about what a 400cc puts out (for example the DRZ)

So, you can get a bit out if it, but, you'll never be the fastest one on the road ;)

However, a 35hp R125 would beat many cars :p

21 - 40 of 64 Posts