R125Forum.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step by step guide on how to do the simple mod which costs very little and almost impossible to mess up

this is the panel that you will need to remove, i have the crash bungs so theres one different tool bit for that, if you havent got them, get some haha

these are the tool bits i used and the possistion as to where to use them are on the first picture, for those with out the crash bungs i belive that the bolt in its place is a H4, so the H6 wil not be needed.

once the panel is removed this is what it should look like, the black thing where the pipe comes from is a one way valve that stops the exhaust gases from going back into the air box. the pipe coming out of it should go to the exhaust. you can block it form either end of the pipe but i decided to do it at the exhaust end as the pipe is easier to remove that end

this is what it looks like conected to the exhaust and where i shall block the hose

only cost me £1.49 from ebay at the time or anything else that can block it but not melt at this end of the pipe, the pipe has a 10mm internal hole nut the lip on this cap makes it about 12mm which ensures a tighter fit and full blockage but is still remove able if needed on a later date.

the previous 5 images are pretty self-explanatory and involve basically forcing the 'bung' into possition and replacing the pipe. replace the side panel and make sure the bolts are tight enough, i lost a bolt because yamaha forgot to tighten them properally in the past

and thats it your done, its not a masive difference but i have noticed it. will not harm any part off your engine or exhaust, just give you a little extra kick out of you Yzf-R125.

remember if your using a plastic 'bung' then block it at the valve end of the pipe or else the exhaust end could melt the plastic and suck it into the exhaust

any questions im happy to help

·
Registered
140 Posts
Alright chaps

I assume we're allowed to bump threads in here since they're guides...

I'm thinking about doing this but is it really worth it? Can anybody else confirm it does anything because it looks like bull to me...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Lilday said:
Alright chaps

I assume we're allowed to bump threads in here since they're guides...

I'm thinking about doing this but is it really worth it? Can anybody else confirm it does anything because it looks like bull to me...
I can confirm it made a difference to my bike with stock exhaust and am still running mod with Akra. I found quite a bit of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I did the full version of the mod removing the valve and plugging and cutting tubes short at each end.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Lilday said:
Is there a guide/anything I need to buy for that?
You need something to bung the pipes... I bought from Benji but he not on here anymore. If you use search bar there has been talks about other things you can buy/use.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
If you don't have a proper bung.
You can use anything you like!

I used a bolt for mine.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
rascal69 said:
I cant find anything big enough
That's what all the girls say to Jed haha

Reactions: JamesK

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Jed said:
They don't say it after meeting me though ;)
That's true, they run away when they find out you have a fanny lool

·
Registered
147 Posts
Could I use a 10 mm round head bolt with 8mm thread so it sticks into the exhaust pipe ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts