Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pulled into the Shell garage on the A38, running on absolute fumes..

Thought FUG IT I’m filling up on V-Max Nitro !

Even though all I’d heard was “99 makes 125s run poo” “VMax is just wasting money” etc etc

Pulling out the garage my 2022 YZF-R125 ran AMAZINGGGGG !!!

I was completely shocked

Sat comfortably at 80mph when just minutes before I couldn’t get above 72. Pulled noticeably harder. Not sure I’m going to get more MPG with the extra pull (and couldn’t care less).

would love to hear you guys thoughts

·
Super Moderator
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
676 Posts
> Even though all I’d heard was “99 makes 125s run poo” “VMax is just wasting money” etc etc
where are you hearing that? maybe time to start listening to some different people. higher ron/mon rating effectively means more bang. My bikes always gets whatever the highest rated fuel available is as part of this "many small improvements lead to overall improved performance" concept.

afaik high compression engines particularly benefit from better fuel so little highly-strung bike engines like these would be well suited to bp ultimate, shell vpower etc, especially if you're chasing every last drop of performance.

Tbh the question is given you seem to have a brand spanking new bike what were you thinking putting non-premium fuel in it? 😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where are you hearing that? maybe time to start listening to some different people. higher ron/mon rating effectively means more bang. My bikes always gets whatever the highest rated fuel available is as part of this "many small improvements lead to overall improved performance" concept.

afaik high compression engines particularly benefit from better fuel so little highly-strung bike engines like these would be well suited to bp ultimate, shell vpower etc, especially if you're chasing every last drop of performance.

Tbh the question is given you seem to have a brand spanking new bike what were you thinking putting non-premium fuel in it? 😂
I’ll tell you where I’ve been hearing that., on this forum 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts