Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

Yamaha Yzf R125 Db Killer Question

Help Me Please: 
5K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  NorthCust 
#1 ·
So i bought a 2015 yamaha yzf r125. Its a good bike but it dosent have a db killer in it (stock exhaust). My first question is does this affect the power of the bike? Also i have registration in like 4 months and have to get a db killer to pass it. If anyone knows where I could get the db killer (or make it at home ) then PLEASE tell me.
Thank you for help

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
ok I looked on ebay and it loos like there a bit missing from the middle:

this is the item:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-5...850977&hash=item421e072836:g:zI4AAOSwqDpfLX27

tbh I doubt you will be able to buy just the middle bit (db killer) unless you're very lucky or can find a motorbike scrapyard, so you might be better off looking for a whole replacement stock muffler. They are often quite cheap because ppl like to take them off and put carbon ones on xD

You could get an aftermarket exhaust but that's likely to be expensive and probably way louder than the stock with or without db killer.

Speaking as someone who has just gone through the process of resgistering a very "not intended for the street" bike, for the street, can I suggest that you go try to find the guy who does the registrations/test and ask him politely what he wants to see in his test. You might find he's actually quite helpful since by going to see him you're saving him work in future.

So maybe go say hey I've got this bike, it's all stock but the f@ck dbkiller fell off. is that a fail? And he'll say yes or no and there's your answer.

You can also ask him ok well what if i put an aftermarket exhuast on, is that ok even if it's louder and has no catalytic convertor? and hopefully he'll tell you. While you're there ask if it needs to meet any special emissions limits or whatever too so you know what you can and can't do tuning-wise.

..then you have your options :)

#8 ·
> Buy whole new aftermarket exhaust, its ~30e

aren't the aftermarket ones usually louder than stock tho?

sounds like you're probably going to want to try and find a full replacement stock silencer...unless you can find an aftermarket one which is quiet (is that even a thing?)

#10 ·
well it looks like yamaha/msp etc don't sell just that dbkiller piece so unless you can find one randomly in a scrapyard or something you're going to have to find a whole original muffler like the one on ebay. They are usually pretty cheap at least.

it might be helpful to say what country you are in so we can look on your local ebay for stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.