Yamaha YZF R125 Forum and Owners Club: Friendly bike community for all. Help Me Please: - Yamaha Yzf R125 Db Killer Question | R125 Forum
Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

Help Me Please: Yamaha Yzf R125 Db Killer Question

Discussion in 'Technical / Mechanical Discussion' started by Yamaha4T, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Yamaha4T

Yamaha4T

Current Bike (Optional):
    yamaha yzf r125
    License Currently Held:
    Other
    So i bought a 2015 yamaha yzf r125. Its a good bike but it dosent have a db killer in it (stock exhaust). My first question is does this affect the power of the bike? Also i have registration in like 4 months and have to get a db killer to pass it. If anyone knows where I could get the db killer (or make it at home ) then PLEASE tell me.
    Thank you for help

Attached Files:

2. R125Forum.com Advertisement

3. misiozol

misiozol Active Member

Buy aftermarket one ;)
  4. Yamaha4T

Yamaha4T

Current Bike (Optional):
    yamaha yzf r125
    License Currently Held:
    Other
    Exhaust or db killer? Also which one should I buy?
  5. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125, Gasgas TXT 280, Stretched Neos
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    ok I looked on ebay and it loos like there a bit missing from the middle:
    [​IMG]

this is the item:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-5...850977&hash=item421e072836:g:zI4AAOSwqDpfLX27

tbh I doubt you will be able to buy just the middle bit (db killer) unless you're very lucky or can find a motorbike scrapyard, so you might be better off looking for a whole replacement stock muffler. They are often quite cheap because ppl like to take them off and put carbon ones on xD

You could get an aftermarket exhaust but that's likely to be expensive and probably way louder than the stock with or without db killer.

Speaking as someone who has just gone through the process of resgistering a very "not intended for the street" bike, for the street, can I suggest that you go try to find the guy who does the registrations/test and ask him politely what he wants to see in his test. You might find he's actually quite helpful since by going to see him you're saving him work in future.

So maybe go say hey I've got this bike, it's all stock but the [email protected] dbkiller fell off. is that a fail? And he'll say yes or no and there's your answer.

You can also ask him ok well what if i put an aftermarket exhuast on, is that ok even if it's louder and has no catalytic convertor? and hopefully he'll tell you. While you're there ask if it needs to meet any special emissions limits or whatever too so you know what you can and can't do tuning-wise.

..then you have your options :)
  6. Yamaha4T

Yamaha4T

Current Bike (Optional):
    yamaha yzf r125
    License Currently Held:
    Other
    Well the problem also is that if you get caught riding without a db killer there is a 400 euro fine. I have been stopped multiple times but havent been caught yet. I dont want to get that fine becuse that almost my yearly insuriance.
  7. Yamaha4T

Yamaha4T

Current Bike (Optional):
    yamaha yzf r125
    License Currently Held:
    Other
    Also thanks for your help
  8. misiozol

misiozol Active Member

Buy whole new aftermarket exhaust, its ~30e
  9. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    > Buy whole new aftermarket exhaust, its ~30e

aren't the aftermarket ones usually louder than stock tho?

sounds like you're probably going to want to try and find a full replacement stock silencer...unless you can find an aftermarket one which is quiet (is that even a thing?)
  10. Yamaha4T

Yamaha4T

Current Bike (Optional):
    yamaha yzf r125
    License Currently Held:
    Other
    Yea but i would have to get it homologation for it to pass registration. I just wanna get a db killer so it can pass registration and I dont have problems with the police
  11. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    well it looks like yamaha/msp etc don't sell just that dbkiller piece so unless you can find one randomly in a scrapyard or something you're going to have to find a whole original muffler like the one on ebay. They are usually pretty cheap at least.

it might be helpful to say what country you are in so we can look on your local ebay for stuff.
  12. Yamaha4T

Yamaha4T

Current Bike (Optional):
    yamaha yzf r125
    License Currently Held:
    Other
    Im from Slovenia Maybe i will try making one at home. My friend made one for a kawasaki z750.
  13. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    if that will get through the test then great :) have you got a friend with a welder?