1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
f99d1166-a7e0-448d-a460-4b57d58fb9ce.jpg

MC7572290.jpg

b8d338a1-0fa7-4839-af3c-c87e9f4fff27.jpg

YZF-R125 in unique grand prix racing colours. This is a one-off bike, won as top prize in the MCN Fantasy Road Race 2011, but now up for sale as it seems such a shame to leave it covered up in my garage. This bike is new and would suit a collector, racing fan or even a very lucky 17 year old! Either way this needs to go to someone who can properly appreciate it. 2 Year Yamaha warranty, 7 road test miles only, authenticity certificate from Yamaha with chassis number included, explaining it is the only 125 produced in the Altamura 50 year anniversary of Grand Prix racing colours. 1 year feee breakdown cover included - runs until Dec 2012. Looking for offers of around £6,000. Will happily take questions - please email using the link below. Thanks for looking

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i could get a low milage r6 08-10 and have money left back for a few mods

·
Registered
139 Posts
Er........no :-(

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
It's just an r125 with diff stickers, I'm sure I could get them made up if I really wanted to

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just an r125 with diff stickers, I'm sure I could get them made up if I really wanted to
these got a number to mark them like the rossi rep ones
real from fake

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like the colour

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Me a Bryn were discussing this JUST last night.
I laughed, because it was one of MCNs picks of the day...

·
Registered
139 Posts
My R125 "Wasp" cost me a heady £2,999 stock back in October 2008 :). It was around £3,500 by the time I'd added all the extra options. Paying £4,400 for this bike now, is a travesty in its own right, though, there's no denying the reliability and very good build quality of the thing.
True, it is NOT a Yamaha YBR125 with fairings tacked on, as some brainless oaf on the Visordown website once tried to abusively convince me. There is no way Bikerboy would be hooning all around the Slough and Basingstoke areas "Riding it like he stole it ;-) " and with all the aplomb of Valentino Rossi on his day off MotoGP racing :-D. Try doing that on the old CBR125R that was selling alongside the R125 in 2008, and, well, win a free date with the Grim Reaper.
The R125 IS a great bike, a legend in its own right. FFS, they race them in Italy (R125 Cup).
BUT.......I do not think I'd hand over £6,000 for one, regardless of livery or status. Unless of course it had futuristic hybrid technology, allowing the bike to give you 1000 miles to a tank of fuel, and it switched seamlessly to running on electricity from 35mph and below, and recharged itself using a Hydrogen Fuel Cell System that needs refuelling once a year (they come to you on a weekend to do it). Yeah, I'm day dreaming again :-D

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Reactions: Fisher and Benji

·
Registered
141 Posts
TOP prices for this baby with all them shit on it and so on would merely stick above any new factory bike so i would say a reasonable price is 4.3k or 4.5k but jesus 6k never going to sell for that price probably 10% chance a collector would buy it but thats like a miracle you dont pay 2k just for looks there is no diffrence in performance so whomever is selling this is full of it "OF COURSE IT SOME RANDOM BULLSHIT JUST FOR MONEY" :D

·
Registered
686 Posts
so what happens to these things? do they 'stop press' and build everything with love and care by hand? do they do anything differently at all? or do they just prep a few cans of paint and print out some stickers, whack them on and charge another two grand? utter rip off, the entire R125 is. £3k was steep for a 125, and the prices have gone up 150% for absolutely no gains or changes (sorry, except the different colours)? no thank you. i've never recommended the bike new to anyone, and i never will.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
MrWhite said:
so what happens to these things? do they 'stop press' and build everything with love and care by hand? do they do anything differently at all? or do they just prep a few cans of paint and print out some stickers, whack them on and charge another two grand? utter rip off, the entire R125 is. £3k was steep for a 125, and the prices have gone up 150% for absolutely no gains or changes (sorry, except the different colours)? no thank you. i've never recommended the bike new to anyone, and i never will.
I bought new and do not regret it at 3999. Also the price increase is due to things costing more money... In the cycle trade over the last few years prices have massively increased due to a lot of stuff being brought from Europe by the Euro. That new Aprillia is horrible and cost 4000+.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
This one was never sold for that price.
It was a PRIZE that MCN gave away in their last fantasy race league I believe (or some other competition).

The guy who won it obviously doesn't want it, and would rather the money.
He is hoping some collector will buy it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts