Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full article: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/banter/escapism/

I wish there were more videos like this!
I really like the well shot, and well edited videos.
And those with nice music.

Ps. Tom Bark this is the IDEAL type of thing I would like for a forum promo. Doesn't have to be as long, and obviously, I don't expect anything quite as polished as this.... we don't have as nice an area, nor such an expensive camera or equipment....

Reactions: runey

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Well i guess i better start location hunting ;)
in all honesty i would love to shoot something like this. We can give it a go i guess. I think the isle of white meet would be the best time to give it a go :)
I think we should try to do something like this but with more than one bike ;)
but the only way i can think of us doing it is for me to be sat on the back of your bike looking back somehow :p
or on the back of someone who has passed ;)

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
ohh yeah. well it would be shot on various meets, you coming to the isle of white one???
i think we shoulddo an ace meet soon :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
ohh yeah. well it would be shot on various meets, you coming to the isle of white one???
i think we shoulddo an ace meet soon :p
Not sure about Isle of White, bit of a trek from Bolton. Fancy the Streetfighter & Stunt Show in July but may have to do it over a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We DID try filming from the back of a bike before...
Phil had a camera on a long pole...

But he just didn't feel stable enough on a bike to use his hands filming.

Having been on the back of a few bikes myself... I will admit that it isn't easy.
And having taken pillions before, I know how having someone on the back fidgeting can be very ofputting for the balance.

HOWEVER, it WOULD work on an empty, long straight road. That would be fine.
Otherwise, what we REALLY need, is a car!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I ment slowly on a long straight road, with everyone going past eventually ;)
Slowly is actually harder.

When a bike is going fast, it's stable.

This is the hardest point to explain to pillions. They seem to think that when I am going SLOWLY in traffic, is a good time to shift around and get comfy.
WORST TIME. It TOTALLY throws a rider off balance. When I am going fast, the bike is solid.

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Fair enough dude, just remembered I have a gorilla pod, you know those tripods that you can bend and move, I could wrap that round my grab rail and then tape that up to be sure!!! :p

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, you could do, but aiming it may be a bitch :p

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could do :)
I would also love a flyby clip of my bike ;)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sure :)
Will attempt filming from the back of a moving bike, as well as experiment with some diferent angles.

I can't go too far due to lack of petrol money at the moment, but we can attempt some location scouting.
Couple roads nearby that could possibly work...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
defo +1 on more than one bike, some shots of single bike some of multiple if possible of course :p also maybe one or two night clips? through a town or something late at night, what you think? dunno why but any night clips kinda tend to get me going lol but really if you can do antyhing like this would be pretty cool :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I have a 3M sticky tripod mount that would hold a proper camera and could be mounted on tail of bike to have a camera facing backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Scott Murphy said:
I have a 3M sticky tripod mount that would hold a proper camera and could be mounted on tail of bike to have a camera facing backwards.

Really? That would be cool :) could mount it on your when you have your akra

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Tom Bark said:
Really? That would be cool :) could mount it on your when you have your akra
Am picking up my DSLR camera on Thursday and have been looking at HD video cams for next month, I miss my proper video cam. Have been looking at HD video cams that use SD cards rather than HD DV tapes. Smaller and I got things to mount to bike for actual HD footage unlike all these sports cams which claim to be HD but I'm sorry are not.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts