Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right im sure everyone is thinking ''here we go again, go for the sport demon or BT's''
Well im gonna be putting on a 150/60/17 rear and a 110/70/17 front, so I cant. Iv been thinking about the dunlop qualifier or the pirelli diablo rosso 2. I know about spacing the rear sprocket and altering the chain guard ( Thanks Benji-via MrWhite ) anyone know of anyone using either of these? or any others of this size? know anyone with 150 rear on one of our bikes? any other suggestions on tyres? where to get them?
I know thats like a million questions but I need to get the tyre choice right. I would much rather put on a new pair of sport demons than get it wrong. I really dont want to end up with tyres that are not as good as the SD's.

Reactions: MrWhite

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I would look at previous posts first as despite what people think you should not put bigger tyres on our rims as you will not have to right shape in the bigger tyre. Also is a fairly pointless thing being our bike already has oversized 130mm tyre. Fisher did a handy little diagram showing why not good to put bigger tyre on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,450 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
i was going to put a 150 BT090 on if you did it, Pete, then sell it in August. i won't really be using it in the rain, now.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I wonder why your going for a 090. When you said you're a braver man then i am.

·
Registered
686 Posts
'cos you ride your bike every day, and will need to use it in the rain. i won't need to over summer.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
AND, if you were STILL wondering...
I have the Dunlop Qualifiers on mine...

I don't trust them.
Will be replacing ASAP with a set of BT023 or BT016s.

I'm on a 160 by the way :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
the actual change in radius from the stock tyres to even a 150 60 is going to be so minimal that you will never, ever notice it.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
the actual change in radius from the stock tyres to even a 150 60 is going to be so minimal that you will never, ever notice it.
Each tyre is designed to fit on a certain shape and width of wheel so even changing slightly is not the shape the designer was looking for... I could be wrong but i just do not see the fascination with putting bigger tyres on our bike lol

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
WIDTH is there to put power down.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Am running 110/140 and ive seen no affect with acceleration or top speed. I can still hit 84mph

·
Registered
686 Posts
it's minimal, you simply will not be able to notice it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
mine looks silly with them on. the sidewall starts to bulge a little.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts