Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide which exhaust i should get for my 2018 r125.
My bike is matt black, and i want the exhaust to match it.
I am looking for one which is black, eventually with carbon fiber.
I want it to have a deep loud sound, maybe able to pop some flames.
Oh and it should be legall, it doesn't matter if the cat is installed, i just need the papers.
I live in Austria, and we have some pretty strict laws, thats why i can't get (my favourite) an blackwidow one.

Give me some Ideas please!

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
hmm ok idk exactly what "europe registered/e-papers" means but it looks like the Akrapovic exhausts have some sort of type approval.. whether that's relelvant for austia idk but it's a start. The danmoto pipe like I have doesn't seem to have any similar approval.. at the bottom of the page they have various entries for different type approvals.

Alos looks like some of the LeoVince models have ec/ece approval:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah ik, akrapovic and leovince have some option, which would work for me, but i still can't decide which one i should pick, cuz the akrapovic is expensive and not that good, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
personally I think "better" is a very subjective term. If you're just going by power then it'll be more about whether it's baffled correctly for the CC/tune than the exact construction of the pipes of one type vs a different one..

If you're just going for looks and sound then that's mostly a subjective/aesthetic choice, but even the sound can be adjusted somewhat wiht the right baffles.. e.g. this one sounds totally differernt to my previous one, in a very nice way.

Automotive tire Gas Composite material Household hardware Auto part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts