Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, me and Gweglez (last time I checked) were considering doing an over-nighter for the peak district meet.
It kinda makes sense, considering it would be a fair 3 / 4 hour ride each way meaning 8 hours on the road + probably another 6 during the meet....

And it would allow us to perhaps do MORE than just straight up the boring A roads.
Perhaps go via Wales or something, not sure.
May as well make an entire weekend out of it!

So, I ask... where would you suggest staying? Are there any cheap hotels or the like around the area we are meeting?

The OTHER question, more importantly, is who would consider joining me on going up the day before the meet?
Do you have any preference as to a route up?

Etc. Etc.

Reactions: Gweglez

·
Registered
35 Posts
Chesterfields pretty central to the Peaks and Matlock, cheap Ibis and various other hotels there too. Matlock, you are looking at B&B's. depends what you're after.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chesterfields pretty central to the Peaks and Matlock, cheap Ibis and various other hotels there too. Matlock, you are looking at B&B's. depends what you're after.
Well, if I am going on my own, then a nice cosy B&B with a decent breakfast would be nice.
If anyone else is coming... then as cheap as possible, which allows us to cram as many people in is what we are after.

Oh, and relatively safe for the bikes...

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
If you come up on your own and no other options, I'm sure I can house you for a night Cam.
Can get the cars moved and park your bike round the back, or just chain it through the anchor with mine
I'm sure I can convince the oldies to let one stranger in :p

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you come up on your own and no other options, I'm sure I can house you for a night Cam.
Can get the cars moved and park your bike round the back, or just chain it through the anchor with mine
Haha thanks for the offer! :p

Shall see what Gweglez is doing...
I think Omar and the other London lot are making there way up at stupid o'clock on Sunday...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts

I think Omar and the other London lot are making there way up at stupid o'clock on Sunday...
We have to see what happens as do not think Omar wants to stay overnight and also does not seem to want to leave at early hours. :confused:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
The listing for the meet is at a museum, is that where we are planning to meet? If so will see what mr tom tom says about times and route options.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have to see what happens as do not think Omar wants to stay overnight and also does not seem to want to leave at early hours. :confused:
Yeah, if I know him... which I do...
He will turn up at the peaks at around 5pm, then begin to wonder where everyone is going...

Remember that Ace Cafe meet, where he turned up at around 6pm?
We were all about ready to leave ><

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Such a long trip, I don't plan to waste it going the direct sat-nav route.

I am thinking... either go via wales, or perhaps the east of England..
Which would be interesting, as I don't think I would ever go through the east of England otherwise...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Yeah, if I know him... which I do...
He will turn up at the peaks at around 5pm, then begin to wonder where everyone is going...

Remember that Ace Cafe meet, where he turned up at around 6pm?
We were all about ready to leave ><
I was planning to leave pretty early on Sunday before or just after sunrise.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Such a long trip, I don't plan to waste it going the direct sat-nav route.

I am thinking... either go via wales, or perhaps the east of England..
Which would be interesting, as I don't think I would ever go through the east of England otherwise...
tom tom rider is biker specific and has lots of options for routes or i may plot one myself.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Yeah, that Museum is the meeting spot.
Try and get some A60 in, it's a fantastic road.
As I've said many many many times, if you guys meet with us Nottingham lads when we ride up, you will get some lovely high speed roads, and local route expertise :p

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was planning to leave pretty early on Sunday before or just after sunrise.
If I went up on Sunday, I would aim to leave at around 6am.
Gives plenty of time to get there / get lost / stop for food and coffee etc.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Yeah, that Museum is the meeting spot.
Try and get some A60 in, it's a fantastic road.
As I've said many many many times, if you guys meet with us Nottingham lads when we ride up, you will get some lovely high speed roads, and local route expertise :p
When or what time are you guys leaving Notts?
If I went up on Sunday, I would aim to leave at around 6am.
Gives plenty of time to get there / get lost / stop for food and coffee etc.
Sort of time i was thinking... When i rode to Newcastle i left before the sun cam up at around 5am and have to say was a very pleasant and peaceful start to an otherwise cold and scary trip.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I think i might have to get rid of this tom tom sometimes it is so hard to find things... according to mr tom tom there is no museum by that name in Matlock! And if i try to search by postcode it tells me that it is South parade not North!!! Trying to find points of interest is just ridiculous... For instance when trying to find ace for the first time i put town london and then searched for ace, no luck with that so went by postcode and it took me kinda near Ace and then when near i searched for POI near me and bang ace popped up straight away so why did it not find it when i searched for it from home. reluctant to change it as i paid £260 for it but really do not like it very much besides the fact that is is handy at times.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts

Have to see how much hotel costs! :)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could always take a tent :p

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, just looked.

Pretty much standard price is £30 or £35 for the both of us for the night.
So about £15 / £20 each.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts