·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Intake air temp. sensor?

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I would say you may as well...
It isn't too difficult to remove, and will make things much easier!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can someone show me with a picture of his bike or images which is already at the forum(for example ''how to change air filter box)where are the cables of
IAT?It will help me a lot with my mod for our bike.I will tell you the secrets later:D

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
The sensor assembly is underneath the throttle body, in a wide flat coupling- check page 7-4 of the Service manual.
Page 8-74 shows a good diagram of the Pins in the connector.
I don't have any pictures of underneath the throttle body, only from the top, which are pretty useless to you I'm sorry :(
The best I can do is give you this picture of where it is situated:
It will be underneath the Blue fast idle connector, at the bottom of the body
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part

Edit:
I had a search online for a picture, here's a good one:
The throttle body is upside-down in this picture, but the connector you want is the one on the right side, next to that orange tape.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
I think I can guess.
If it's what I think, you're planning to change the resistance to trick the IAT into thinking it's colder than it is, and adding more fuel into the engine?

·
Registered
686 Posts
like one of those homemade 'add up to 50bhp!!' chips...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So...A friend of mine gave me a memjet.This memjet was used on a TDM 900 so the plags of this memjet didn't work on mine.I changed its wiring to fit it to my bike.I first asked the memjet company here in Greece if every memjet device is the same.They answered me that it is the same but the wiring change.So after a lot of work on my bike(i couldn't reach the IAT,unscrew all fairing,remove wiring,match it with mine etc)i finally match it and worked on my bike.WTF BIG BIG BIG CHANGE!!!Far better acceleration,for sure better mixture,stop popping exhaust and high rpm more better.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
I'd love to see a full write up and video soon mate!
Sounds pretty exciting!
Is the memjet essentially a powercommander?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It fixes mostly the fueling and the mixture.It doesn't inserted on the mapping of the bike as power commander does.It's like a seperate ''brain'' of the bike.Next week i''ll go to a dyno to see where my bike is now after full exhaust,memjet,k&n filter,spark plug reinforced.The acceleration is crazyyy believe me:D

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
It fixes mostly the fueling and the mixture.It doesn't inserted on the mapping of the bike as power commander does.It's like a seperate ''brain'' of the bike.Next week i''ll go to a dyno to see where my bike is now after full exhaust,memjet,k&n filter,spark plug reinforced.The acceleration is crazyyy believe me:D
Sounds wicked dude! look forward to seeing dyno results!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's right Benji.It doesn't even need a dyno to ''fix''its ''problems''.But if you install one i think it's better to have a look to know where your bike is at performance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts