Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front gear is 14T ( i dont know if this is the stock ) and the back one is the stock one ...
My top Speed is 115km/h sometimes 120km/h max on declivity road on 5th gear ...
6th gear doesnt give more speed , it drops top speed approximately 5km .
Front & Back Gear Are in good condition , tomorrow iam going to change the chain ( a friend of me told me it needs change ) ...

Is this normal? can a chain affect top speed?

·
Registered
788 Posts
i've had it show 86 at one point... but i've also had it bouncing off the limiter at 84... so one of those 2!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My front gear is 14T ( i dont know if this is the stock ) and the back one is the stock one ...
My top Speed is 115km/h sometimes 120km/h max on declivity road on 5th gear ...
6th gear doesnt give more speed , it drops top speed approximately 5km .
Front & Back Gear Are in good condition , tomorrow iam going to change the chain ( a friend of me told me it needs change ) ...

Is this normal? can a chain affect top speed?
71 -75 mph in 5th you've got it on the rev limiter and with nothing more in 6th you've got a problem, don't bother changing the chain get someone to look at the bike it looks like you may have a problem with the gearbox because 6th gear should put you up to about 80mph (130km/h).

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Have had 86mph out of mine, twice and that was about 10k rpms, (wouldn't go higher)
But, lately I get somewhere around 79-81mph... Think it's running a bit rich, and thus limits the revs!
Will be fixed soon enough though.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
71 -75 mph in 5th you've got it on the rev limiter and with nothing more in 6th you've got a problem, don't bother changing the chain get someone to look at the bike it looks like you may have a problem with the gearbox because 6th gear should put you up to about 80mph (130km/h).
But that is IF he reaches the limiter in 6th!

·
Registered
781 Posts
86mph off limiter cant get any more than that with out change sprockets or 182 kit and sounds like you have a problem if 6th is do anything as it does but slower than any of the other gears

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Had more than 84 out if my r125 but I had the 182

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I noticed top gear to be a bit of a waste to be honest, there is no drive in it, it's grand for cruising at the same speed without it screaming its nuts off, but as for gaining more speed I never found it effective

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
I noticed top gear to be a bit of a waste to be honest, there is no drive in it, it's grand for cruising at the same speed without it screaming its nuts off, but as for gaining more speed I never found it effective
Yeah, it creeps sloooooooowly towards higher speeds, but it takes like a day :p

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
blackizzz said:
Yeah, it creeps sloooooooowly towards higher speeds, but it takes like a day :p
I never really bothered watching it lol, I guess the few times it hit limiter on motorway it had creeped up a bit more :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts