Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Proper spark plug socket, they have a rubber insert to protect the ceramic portion, and to stop you dropping the plug. Long extension, then in you go. Refit using a torque wrench, and a bit of copper grease on the threads to make sure it's not a nightmare to get back out.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Proper spark plug socket, they have a rubber insert to protect the ceramic portion, and to stop you dropping the plug. Long extension, then in you go. Refit using a torque wrench, and a bit of copper grease on the threads to make sure it's not a nightmare to get back out.
yea i got all the tools and that!
but on the r125 do u have to take the tank off or go in thro the side?

·
Registered
686 Posts
mine was a bugger to do. the worst bit? the little bit on the thread of the new spark plug that you can twist off... with finger and thumb... yeah, that thing beat me for a good half hour.

Reactions: Fisher and azz2693

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did mine yesterday, very awkward compared to my last bike, the iridium replacement ive put in is being a bitch at the moment, the HT lead wont fit on the top

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Yeah, this one's a bit of a pain to remove. I just go with socket on the top, loosen until hand-tight and just use fingers from there... PITA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had a panic when i finally got it sorted, it wouldnt start! but it would start with the old nipple bit still on. Gave the ht lead a bit of a wiggle and its sorted now. Amazing to see how far this bike has been neglected by the previous owner when i took the fairings off, hell of a lot of metal wear and rust

·
Registered
686 Posts
Amazing to see how far this bike has been neglected by the previous owner when i took the fairings off, hell of a lot of metal wear and rust
how did you get hold of my bike?!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got a new spark plug going to fit it tomorrow - is there a quick guide anywhere?

I've done it on cars plenty of times but you guys have scared me now haha! sounds like a pain in the neck.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I've got a new spark plug going to fit it tomorrow - is there a quick guide anywhere?

I've done it on cars plenty of times but you guys have scared me now haha! sounds like a pain in the neck.
If you can do it on a car, then I really wouldn't worry about it too much :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you can do it on a car, then I really wouldn't worry about it too much :)
Sweet haha.

I'm giving it the first clean (since the previous owner got it in 2010) by the look of things, so I'll get some progress pics :p

...Until I get £109 together for the Renthal sprockets & DID gold chain :p

Anybody had experience with the 15t sprocket here? "Better top speed" maybe but I can't imagine its good to make the little thumper work any harder than it already does?

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Top advice:
Don't go 15t.
Everyone who's ever bought one says that top speed gets worse, because you don't have the power to get there.
I mean, it barely gets to top speed with 14t as it is!

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
I have 15t on my bike had no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.