Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

What I Like About This Forum, And The People On It:

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Fisher 
#1 ·
So, we have had discussions about what you DON'T like, and what needs improving, but this is a chance for people to express what they do like.

I for one, like the people here, and how friendly and welcoming they are.
I recently signed up to a new bike forum which I shall not name.

And upon a quick flick through some posts, I was apaulled with how they treated some new members.
People were flaming people who posted repeated threads. It is actually one of their RULES that you cannot post a repeat question. Obviously, you SHOULD try searching first, but is it REALLY that much of a hassle to type an answer again?

At the VERY least, you shouldn't get annoyed with them and tell them to use the search box.

People were also flamed for posting the introduction post wrong, and were belittled for asking 'stupid' questions.

I am glad that nobody here does that. You are all a very friendly and welcoming bunch, who make any new member feel welcomed!

See less See more
#2 ·
We have a very friendly and knowledgeable bunch of people here who do not mind taking time out of their day to help people in need. Which for me is the whole point of a forum and we have done a very good job at building up a good looking and reading forum in a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

#4 ·
Yep, totally agree with that Cam, there are loads of forums out there that just have the wrong vibe, either very cliquey or with the manners of a rabid crocodile.

I like the way things are discussed here, everyone has an input and that's how it should be. Think of a forum as a pub, talk to folks here as you would there. Some forums if they were pubs would be just one massive brawl.

#5 ·
I agree also, I mean I joined last week sometime and have posted quite abit of stuff and people don't mind, they seem supportive,
Especially concidering I have a different bike completely, I had no idea that you all would be so welcoming :p
I think the ground rules layed out at the beginning help :p
I also like the way that if you have a problem people will be straight there to help, no matter what... From what I see mainly Benji with his knowledge :)
Anyways you lot are a quality bunch of guys and I hope to meet you lot at one of the meets sometime :)

#8 ·
I agree also, I mean I joined last week sometime and have posted quite abit of stuff and people don't mind, they seem supportive,
Especially concidering I have a different bike completely, I had no idea that you all would be so welcoming :p
I think the ground rules layed out at the beginning help :p
I also like the way that if you have a problem people will be straight there to help, no matter what... From what I see mainly Benji with his knowledge :)
Anyways you lot are a quality bunch of guys and I hope to meet you lot at one of the meets sometime :)
Benji is just a very knowledgable and technically/mechanically minded person :) but agreed it's good to have someone who knows alot, maybe one day I'll be able to teach him something (tho it won't be anything about mechanics)

Also come to the matlock meet and meet us! it'll be good fun and a great ride :p

#9 ·
Gweglez said:
Benji is just a very knowledgable and technically/mechanically minded person :) but agreed it's good to have someone who knows alot, maybe one day I'll be able to teach him something (tho it won't be anything about mechanics)

Also come to the matlock meet and meet us! it'll be good fun and a great ride :p
I would, but as you know it's a massive ride :p and I'm working from 5 :/ will try to get it covered:p

#10 ·
alright, gays guys. get a (chat)room.

Reactions: R125 Rob
#12 ·
I can't disagree with anything that has been said by anyone.

One of the main reasons I signed up to this forum (and another couple, who everyone will know which ones) was to get a little help on some of the technical things of the bike.

I'm not very hands on so everyone has been a real help and I'm sure everyone will all continue to be.

Keep up the good work folks! ;)

#17 ·
I agree this forum OWNS others because of the members that make it an awesome place for getting help,info and experience
Everyone is treating others with respect and gets it back, we also have some jokes going
and that makes it even more fun you can feel you joined the one of the best forum sites ever
and i have to say it im very proud of you guys making and keeping this forum as it is now and from that i could
join and experience what everyone has to say about many many things!
Big Cheers! We showing what we are and we are all brothers on bikes :D
and i can say this: Gweglez reminds everyone of it Think bike, think biker, think R125forum.com
the place to be for ultimate member experience :D
Peace Out! And wish everyone a wide road!
Stay safe ^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.