Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you some of you know i have passed mod 1 and hopfully once I pass mod 2 i'd like to upgrade for once.

Im going to say 2500 is my budget for buying a bike. I quite like the sports position of the r125 but i wouldnt mind a.sports tourer for comfort on longer rides!! I would be riding it everyday to work in the city etc so realiblity needs to be key! NO OLDER BIKES THAN 2001! :)

Lower on insurance group could be key too... I was thinking r6 2004 but insurance will kill n then the xj6 but not on my budget. any help pls and a general discussion is cool

·
Registered
712 Posts
Honda CBR600 F1 it's the last of the crop of proper sports tourers and with the usual honda handling (which isn't a bad thing). It's not as focussed as the 600RR but it's very highly rated by lots of people. I did consider one, but decided to splash the cash on something I hankered for.

What about a naked, Ducati Monster 620, nice to ride in traffic with it's position, but the shove of a v-twin to excite.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your input benji. Was considering a naked eg bandit but didnt like that it weighs 240kg dry !! will lool into the monster. I saw the F but if i was to go for a honda i would want a rr

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
+1 on the CBR. Got a couple of friends with them, they still look new, lovely position and still sporteeey!

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
If you get a GSXR 600 K5 in Red, I will steal it and murder you :p

I like the CBR-F or the GSX-F if I were to do a serious long distance commute each day, so much friendlier

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Killachipmunk said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
If you get a GSXR 600 K5 in Red, I will steal it and murder you :p

I like the CBR-F or the GSX-F if I were to do a serious long distance commute each day, so much friendlier
Gsx f is so nice!! Looks so good

Also have a look at a Ducati 748 ;)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i know its not a sport tourer, and probably not too kind on insurance but the kawi z750 has caught my eye lately, stunning looking bike, with tons of grunt, probably wont suit but thats what i have my eyes on for the future :p

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gsx f is so nice!! Looks so good

Also have a look at a Ducati 748 ;)
probz tooo dear on insurance considering the group its in?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts