Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo ive not posted in a while, ive still got my WR and still love it, its just hit 3800 miles now and had never missed a beat!!

Few questions

Whats the best sprocket size to run, front and rear?
Has anyone got any coloured leavers yet?
Whats the best tyres to run? Ive got the Wr-R and use it for work and occasional green laning
Whats the beat tail tidy to get? (i have an arrow exhaust) will my indicators melt?
And lastly, i woild love a rev counter/tacho what do people use? And how to fit them?

Thanks guys. Ill post some pictures this weekemd once shes had a wash!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Sprocket Size:
GENERALLY my best advise has always been to stick with the stock set up.
On the R125 at least, they have it pretty perfectly set up.

The only change that you should really consider doing, is if you don't mind loosing some top speed to be able to gain acceleration.
If you rarely leave the city, or you go off roading alot, then this may be worth considering.

What set up you actually go for, depends on what sprockets you can find!
http://www.gearingcommander.com/
Use that website above to play around with the sprocket sizes to see what top speeds you can achieve with each set up.
Generally, the lower the top speed, the better the acceleration.

Has anyone got any coloured leavers yet?
For the R125, yes.
For the WR, not that I have heard. I am not sure if the R6 conversion would work? (the perch will probably be totally different).
Perhaps there is a similar mod however, you can see if any bigger Yammy bike perches will work, which then allows you to use any of their levers.
Alternatively, you can have yours sprayed, although this is expensive as it isn't a straight forward process. (Anodisation?)
Someone else can probably help you out more here :p

The other questions.
I cannot help sorry, I do not have the WR :S

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Tyres
I have actually heard that the Michelin Starcross sp10 enduros are supposed to be good.
I don't know how accurate or reliable this is though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts