Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have 2 different tyres on my yzf r125.

my front tyre is a Pirelli Sport Demon
and my back tyre is a Michelin Pilot Sporty

I was just wondering what PSI both tyres should be at and if they should be different in the wet or dry?

any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hi mate, welcome, pressure shouldn't change with weather as far as I know. As I currently don't have a R I can't advise specific psi, however the psi recommendation should be write on the sidewall of the tyre, have a good look at them and the will tell you :) hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
well your idea is right in the sense that if you let down some of the air in your tyres, more tyre will be on the road = more grip.

whether it makes practical sense i have no idea.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
well your idea is right in the sense that if you let down some of the air in your tyres, more tyre will be on the road = more grip.

whether it makes practical sense i have no idea.
At one point it well end up where too much tyre is on the road and it will deform as you turn, you don't want that :p

The PSI should be 33 rear and 25 front, and it really shouldn't matter what time of year it is or whether it's wet or dry :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
At one point it well end up where too much tyre is on the road and it will deform as you turn, you don't want that :p

The PSI should be 33 rear and 25 front, and it really shouldn't matter what time of year it is or whether it's wet or dry :)

the 33 PSI on the rear is if you carry a lot of weight, i.e luggage or a pillion. it should be 29 PSI on the rear, unless you weigh about 20 stone then you will need 33 PSI

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
the 33 PSI on the rear is if you carry a lot of weight, i.e luggage or a pillion. it should be 29 PSI on the rear, unless you weigh about 20 stone then you will need 33 PSI
I weight 100KG :c

1 - 9 of 9 Posts