Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a collection of bikes at my college,I must admit!

ZXR400, Yamaha Thundercat 600, Yamaha 'special' XS400:

Hyosung GT250R + R125:

Honda CBR125:

More to come!
Also the new Aprillia RS4, a whole bunch of strokers, and more!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah That one Tom, is actually a Gilera something or other 125, BUT with a Yamaha 2 stroke engine.
It smells GLORIOUS!

Reactions: Tom Bark

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Edit-
Didn't notice Cam had said 125.
It's a Gilera SC125, which is indentical completely to the Derbi GPR 125.
I'd love to know what engine they've shoehorned in though >;D

·
Registered
870 Posts
Why, oh why, would you leave you lid out side...

·
Registered
870 Posts
This one at college too cam.... Aparanluy its mix of a few bikes???
Whats with all this leaving lids about. Cant you just stick them under your chair, or table.

Reactions: Tom Bark

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
DW. said:
Whats with all this leaving lids about. Cant you just stick them under your chair, or table.
Everyone does it. I leave mine under my jacket as its water proof. Unless its raining of course

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
We all leave ours outside too, can't be helped.
They won't take them in at reception like they used to, the lockers aren't big enough for them and (our college at least) refuses to give us a proper storage space.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I often leave mine outside...

I NORMALLY carry it around. But when the weather is nice, I just leave it there.
My college is mostly trustworthy, and nobody would dare nick a helmet. There is just no way to tell if the owner could be watching you...

For all the thief knows, I could be on the hill in plain sight of the bike.
Failing that, all the bikers know each other more or less so would notice someone taking a helmet that doesn't belong to them....

I leave my spare helmet with my bike all the time.

MOST people don't even lock their bikes at my college...
I am fairly certain we also have CCTV.

I am not 100% WHICH engine it is... But it LOOKS just like the R125 engine...

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
It's likely!
Before I edited mine (When I thought it was the 50) I mentioned they use the Minarelli AM6, which is the same as all 50cc sportbikes, including Yamaha's.
It's quite probable that the Gilera and Derbi bikes use a 2-stroke Minarelli in their 125s too!
Ask! I wanna know :D

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it actually HAS 'YAMAHA' embossed onthe engine casing :p

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Interesting...
I still wanna know! It surely can't be our engine if it's a 2-stroke.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
As promised, the collection of bikes we've got!
This is just in the shed I park at, in the other is mostly Peds with one Kawasaki ER-5.

Ninja 250, very recent addition. The guy used to own this bright Orange Reiju RS50. Was an awful thing.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
This is a friend's RS125. He's just finished it after 2 years of scratch building... In typical Aprilia style, it's broken down 4 times in its run in period for the rebuilt engine! :p
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank Motorcycle helmet Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Just as he was leaving, my good friend Mitch rocks up on his Virago 125. Lovely sounding thing, we drilled 6 holes in each exhaust cap, now it sounds amazing!
Car Sky Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Window Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
And here's the Piaggio Zip I mention so much. Really brilliantly done, purple and black. The indicators are in the purple stripe, and glow to show direction. The tail looks fantastically clean without the horrible stock brakelight and handle on there! Currently running the 4th 70cc kit, as the others all burned out. He still can't be bothered to sort out the mixture on it...
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Here's another couple in that shed. This is a rusty old CB500. Needs some TLC. Behind that is a Harley Sportster 883, owned by our Photography teacher.
We do also have one teacher with a 2004 GSXR 1000, he brings it in once or twice over the summer.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, it isn't at my COLLEGE as such..
But just down the road from my work:

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DRAG BIKE :d

Seriously fast one though...
The place next to my office is a tuning place...

ALL The bike they sell are turbocharged ><
They have some SERIOUSLY fast machines there...

Reactions: Killachipmunk

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
DRAG BIKE :d

Seriously fast one though...
The place next to my office is a tuning place...

ALL The bike they sell are turbocharged ><
They have some SERIOUSLY fast machines there...
take your one in for a turbo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts