Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

Telescope Image.

2K views 48 replies 7 participants last post by  Scott Murphy 
#1 ·
Just in case any one interested i have been getting quite into my new telescope got for xmas just gone. lastnight was amazingly clear night but unfortunately it was to cold to stay out as hands had frozen within mins. Before giving up completely i managed to capture one image with my iPhone 4s which the focus is not great as my hands where shaking and trying to hold phone agains a very small hole.
Astronomical object Moon Science Moonlight Event

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah, I'd like to see one from the stronger lenses too!

When is Mars coming near to us again?
Or that planet which has a moon or something that comes near? :p

#7 ·
Fisher said:
Yeah, I'd like to see one from the stronger lenses too!

When is Mars coming near to us again?
Or that planet which has a moon or something that comes near? :p
Once it's not to cold and I find a way of mounting the phone I will be targeting Saturn and Jupiter which are out every day at the moment. When use strongest lens I can see pretty much into the craters on the moon as only 230,000 miles away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

#11 ·
Gweglez said:
I'm sure we all would like to do that!
Anyone is welcome if you talking about my telescope. Also is not expensive to get a decent telescope nowadays if you like that sort of thing. Space becomes a 3 dimensional place through a telescope and looks very different. Even from tv I'm sure.

#12 ·
Anyone is welcome if you talking about my telescope. Also is not expensive to get a decent telescope nowadays if you like that sort of thing. Space becomes a 3 dimensional place through a telescope and looks very different. Even from tv I'm sure.

How much? THATS A AWESOME IMAGE GOOD ON YA!

#14 ·
MrAndy979 said:
woow that is truly an amazing picture!!
the detaile is amazing!
can we have more plz...:D
I'm just about to brave it again. This time remembering to use case for my iPhone which has rubber edge so should make more stable. Well I hope anyway, will of course upload any pics I get that are decent.

#18 ·
I see not many people like to hit that "like" button, I mean that is a picture of the moon taken with a phone I think that's pretty cool... Maybe I'm just a geek lol :p

i dont get likes anymore either ;(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.