Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
riding to work yesterday i felt a bit of a vibration / knocking on my footpegs " when i got to work i had a good look and noticed a kink in my chain and it was stuck in a twisted positon i spent about two hours trying to completly free it and it would be ok for a short while then it would go back to twisted again. iv always used good oil on it" and never let it go dry and always clean it regular . i dont have a chain spliter to take of completley and have a good look but the chain from what i can see looks good apart from this one joint" the gaps look the same " so i dont think its been streached and there is no play when i try to twist the other way its nice and tight " so im wondering now weather its just a bad link or is it because the chain has done close to 13000 miles and is now on its way out.
any advice on best thing to do:)

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
check the o ring's see if there is any of them damage i had that problem before i just replace it to extreme x ring d.i.d

·
Registered
870 Posts
You dont need a X ring chain for our bike. Waste of money. Just get a O ring one....

·
Registered
712 Posts
X-ring chains are a good buy in my opinion, lot less friction and often a better service life. It does sound like your chain is on it's way out, so maybe time for a replacement. Whilst you are replacing, time for sprockets as well, for a few pound more you can put a nice alloy renthal sprocket on the rear which will save you same weight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice and I'm going to go with the renthal" as you say for the little bit extra it's worth it " and another plus is" it's gold and will look spot on with my bike

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
That's the one I got on my bike had it 6months now had no problem with it so far

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Yes it stay nice and clean depends on what chain lube you use
I use the dry wurth chain lube

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://www.sprracing.co.uk/contact.asp
this place is awsome!!

all done !! at work this morning a job came in just round the corner from where i was getting my chain set from " so i phoned them on the off chance to see if they could fit me in" the bloke on the phone said yes and it would take about an hour to fit. so when i got there i saw the owner explained that i was a w o l from work and needed to get back a s a p " he was sound " it was took straght in and him and another bloke started work on it. there was no messing about and i was in and out of there in about 25 min. it was like a pit stop they worked together knew exactley what they were doing and could not fault them in any way even if i had to. this was the best customer service iv ever seen " and for a bargin price of £110 iv now got my nice gold shinny chain and sprockets all fitted and looking bang on" il bang up some pics tomoz"

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
http://www.sprracing.co.uk/contact.asp
this place is awsome!!

all done !! at work this morning a job came in just round the corner from where i was getting my chain set from " so i phoned them on the off chance to see if they could fit me in" the bloke on the phone said yes and it would take about an hour to fit. so when i got there i saw the owner explained that i was a w o l from work and needed to get back a s a p " he was sound " it was took straght in and him and another bloke started work on it. there was no messing about and i was in and out of there in about 25 min. it was like a pit stop they worked together knew exactley what they were doing and could not fault them in any way even if i had to. this was the best customer service iv ever seen " and for a bargin price of £110 iv now got my nice gold shinny chain and sprockets all fitted and looking bang on" il bang up some pics tomoz"
nice one

·
Registered
870 Posts
That Demon look's massive. What size is it

·
Registered
870 Posts
No tire

1 - 19 of 19 Posts