Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

Starscream

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  iRobin 
#1 ·
Well here goes my third blog on 2 different sites lol

Got Star in late 2010, brand new with Yamaha crash bungs. £3500. Got the black and gold because i wasn't aware white was available until 2 weeks ago (Kicked myself all way home) Its been a bumpy ride but shes still going.

Mods -
Side panels and screen Resprayed in Gloss black
Xenon Bulbs
LED sidelights
Tail Tidy
Crash Bungs
Remus powercone
Cowel cover
Few Stickers
No rear footpegs
Rentecc Bar ends
Carbon Wrapped Sprocket cover
Strips n dots tank protectors
Yoke protector

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Few month into having her I crashed her, going in a straight line at 30/35 mph crash bobbins saved me alot but still wasnt happy. Fixed the panels and resprayed them in matt black, also picked up a new exhaust for £50, not bad really. Experimented on the old one and thats when i came up with the exhaust mod.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Few weeks after this was taken i hit a gypsy carrying metal, cracked my other panel, repaired it, then dropped her on her arse when a beemer pulled out on me, resprayed it again. Shortly after the repairs i bought a Remus power Cone and a Cowel cover for £220 of one of the other site members, not a bad deal tbh,

After i bought these it all went a bit quiet and didnt touch her much, took her yamaha for busted fork seals which i got replaced under warranty. tried a few sticker combos but nothing appealed to
me
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Like i said got bored of it so heres what she looks like ATM

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Also got a Gloss black tank piece on now, looks quiete nice too. Had alot of problems with as you all probs, now, all thankfully sorted . Warped nose cone replace by yam levers also replaced, Wouldnt start other week so battery been replaced again by yam. Sparkplug hole still needs helicoiling but its ok atm.

See less See more
#4 ·
Quick update :) Managed to get a full refund from ebay for tank strip as well as getting to keep the strip :p Few scuffs on it so i odered some monster stickers for £2, i expected them to be small ones just to cover scuff, hell no there were 15 some big some small, i was very impressed, bargain of the century, so i set to work using them :p

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive tire Road surface Motor vehicle Watercraft

#8 ·
Whoa nice looking bike :p I do like gold and black :) ;).

Where'd you get all your decals from? I'm looking to take the r125 ones off but like the gold on boomerangs.

Ps love her name. Might choose something online similar lines for mine :)

Sent from my calculator using hacks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.