Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showpost.php?p=1228142&postcount=5

Riding a motorbike is a big deal. By the nature of a motorbike's slender contact with the road, the smaller frontal area and reduced levels of secondary protection WE are vulnerable to suffer an accident. The consequences of biker v anything conflict are usually bad, sometimes very bad. There is no safe speed for an accident, falling over at 0 MPH can shatter elbows, brake ankles and fracture fingers and if you do happen to be lying on the road, lying in the road gives car drivers the perfect excuse, “I couldn’t see them officer (even if I’d been bothered to look) they were lying on the road”. At speed, once you’ve developed a reason to use impact protection, the chances are that things are going to get very bad before they get better. Donning layers of leather creates an impression that this gear will protect us, some how we become invincible and will shrug off an impact at 30 MPH, Nah it will hurt. On a bike, real speed can be reached in next to no time. From stationary even a numpty rider armed only with a strong grip and grim determination can wring a Vtec Viff to 120 MPH in under 12 seconds… and how fast is that?, I hear you say. Well it’s fast. Sky divers, in the traditional dead ant position drop out of the sky at..... 120 MPH. So when you twist that throttle and give it the beans, just think sky diving, without the parachute. Right I'll never do more than 60, so I'm safe? Well on an A road your closing speed with the big van coming from the opposite direction (or the car pulling out to overtake the van, Oh eck !) is 120 MPH.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts