Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
bit of both? lucky he seen the car an reacted fast enough. skill to manoeuvre it the way he did

·
Registered
686 Posts
i think a lot of people would've naturally grabbed both brakes and the clutch there. the car driver probably slammed them on (essentially becoming a static obstacle on your side of the road).

·
Registered
712 Posts
Stupidity would be my prefered option, that fast onto a junction it's only going to eventually end one way.

On another note, i'm a big fan of the emergency accelerate, if you can get out of the way of trouble, rather than stop in the area. Just think of it this way, man walks into a room with a gun and hasn't seen you do you stand as still as possible or run as fast as you can?

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
none, if he hadn't seen me id fly kick the "nasty person who is being very naughty" grab the gun and shoot him LOL! No way can i run faster than a bullet or dodge them, this isn't matrix lol

Edited by Benji for attempts to circumvent the swear filter.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I did the latter. Which is why i came off:Doh:

Leave that front brake alone:whip:

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
It's an interesting thought.
I've read somewhere that humans naturally avoid the wrong way in this situation, by that I mean:
As a car is pulling across in front of you, for some reason most people would try and swerve around the front of it, rather than the more logical action of moving into the space it has just vacated.

What do you think?

·
Registered
712 Posts
You never know what the car driver is going to do. They can accelerate out, thinking they are getting out the way, they can stop, or they just keep bimbling blindly unaware you are even there. Swerving round the back can lead to another hazard, if there is a car following, they have a tendency to glance and think they can just go, as the car in front has just gone, therefore if they are quick they can nip out.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
It's an interesting thought.
I've read somewhere that humans naturally avoid the wrong way in this situation, by that I mean:
As a car is pulling across in front of you, for some reason most people would try and swerve around the front of it, rather than the more logical action of moving into the space it has just vacated.

What do you think?
The car is more likely to simply stop, directly in the way.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i would power out if the power was there! but if ur riding an r6 or sumin...u would have to wait for the power band lol!

·
Registered
712 Posts
yea i would power out if the power was there! but if ur riding an r6 or sumin...u would have to wait for the power band lol!
And that is where the police system of riding comes in IPSGA (information position speed gearing acceleration).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts