Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My number plate is bigger than standard, and so I would like to get a smaller one.
What sizes would you recommend?

I wouldn't mind one slightly smaller than 'legal', but obviously not STUPIDLY small.
Something that isn't likely to get me pulled, of course. Just something slightly smarter would be nice!

Luckily, on my bike, the larger ones actually look alright due to the chunky rear end, but on Troy 's bike, it looks ridiculous! He needs something smaller...

·
Registered
686 Posts
9x7 is the legal, a lot of people go for 7x5 (inches, obv.).

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Fisher said:
My number plate is bigger than standard, and so I would like to get a smaller one.
What sizes would you recommend?

I wouldn't mind one slightly smaller than 'legal', but obviously not STUPIDLY small.
Something that isn't likely to get me pulled, of course. Just something slightly smarter would be nice!

Luckily, on my bike, the larger ones actually look alright due to the chunky rear end, but on Troy 's bike, it looks ridiculous! He needs something smaller...
Mine is 7x5 and Omars is the same as from the same shop. I've never been pulled and spoken to police next to my bike and never said anything. Got pulled when my L plate broke off and then said nothing about the size of my plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Mine is 7x5 and Omars is the same as from the same shop. I've never been pulled and spoken to police next to my bike and never said anything. Got pulled when my L plate broke off and then said nothing about the size of my plate.

Same here, and same with size :)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I think 7x5 is the standard size people go for!

Omar, can I have a go with your plate on my bike?
I am not sure how it would look...

But I will let Troy know that 7x5 IS the standard small plate :)

Thanks all!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Instead of changing size I used a slightly different font with a border not legal but never got pulled for it. Subtle but makes it look different.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Fisher said:
Yeah, I think 7x5 is the standard size people go for!

Omar, can I have a go with your plate on my bike?
I am not sure how it would look...

But I will let Troy know that 7x5 IS the standard small plate :)

Thanks all!
No problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts