Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This lunch time went into the dealers where I bought my R125 from just to kill abit of time and came out not knowing what to do. The guy in the shop has made me an offer that is realy hard to turn down. They have in there an unregistered black FZ6N, just like the pic below. It comes with added extras, centre stand and R&G frame sliders free.

The deal, trade in for my bike £3200 although book price says £2600, said he's never seen a better example. Includes 2 years warranty, 12 months RAC, 12 months tax, registration fee and a full tank of gas. Also they will pay any admin fee for changing insurance over, by the way insurance is cheaper than the R125.

Said it could be mine for the end of the week. What to do?

92691851.jpg

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
apart from extra costs in petrol/maintanence, i'd snap his hand off mate

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Take that man sound like a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
apart from extra costs in petrol/maintanence, i'd snap his hand off mate
Know what you mean, fuel figures are around 44 - 49 MPG. Maintanence do my own, dealer trusts me says I do a better job than his guys (30 + years in the trade). Cant help feeling whats the catch!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
not sure mate but i'd get those mirrors off if you do get one. maybe get some indy mirrors, im just obsessed by them :p

·
Registered
712 Posts
Is it the bike you really want? It can be deal of the century but if it's not what you want, keep looking.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Know what you mean, fuel figures are around 44 - 49 MPG. Maintanence do my own, dealer trusts me says I do a better job than his guys (30 + years in the trade). Cant help feeling whats the catch!
yeah but chances are (without looking into it) parts are more expensive, you'd need more oil etc etc

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
He's offering you 3200 trade in? Dependant on what year/mileage etc but i doubt it

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it the bike you really want? It can be deal of the century but if it's not what you want, keep looking.
At my age Benji got to take my back and wrists into consideration :eek:ldgit:

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
3200? Probably not much more than that really...
I reckon the dealer will sell it for exactly that price, with little to no profit, and will instead take the profits of the bike you are buying in to consideration.

I personally love that bike, and I would snap their hand off for that!!

BUT. If you don't NEED a bigger bike, or 100% want one, perhaps not worth it.
Cost of oil (3 or 4 litres?) 4 spark plugs, bigger more expensive tyres which will need changing more often, ever so slightly higher tax, double fuel costs, are something that need to be considered.

Again, as Benji said, don't get it if it isn't what you want.

Another thing to consider... If you did sell your bike, even if you DIDN'T get more, or even got SLIGHTLY less for it...
The price of a SECOND hand nearly new bike like this will probably save you money.
If you were to buy an ex demo, or nearly new bike with around 1,000 miles on the clock, you would probably save a couple hundred at least compared to buying new off list price...

·
Registered
712 Posts
At my age Benji got to take my back and wrists into consideration :eek:ldgit:
It's no fun getting old :( but it's good to have faster big boy toys :)

It's a good trade in price, that's for sure, but it's a bike the dealer won't struggle to sell. What year is the bike you are looking at?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Wouldn't buy a demo, depending on how the shop let people out on them, some of them are given a right caning.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Wouldn't buy a demo, depending on how the shop let people out on them, some of them are given a right caning.
Yeah, and right during the break in period as well!

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Not been a demo, unregistered, zero miles on the clock.
Oh that sounds even more tasty! what are they asking you to put on top of your bike (£3200)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh that sounds even more tasty! what are they asking you to put on top of your bike (£3200)
On top of the bike £2400. What I have to consider is they stopped making these over twelve months ago. This is one of the last made, never been run just created and stored. The FZ6N was replaced by the XJ6 but is lighter and has about 10 more horses with a 141 mph top end.

·
Registered
712 Posts
You will want good neck muscles if you are going to see 141 on a naked, those speeds are bad enough with a screen. £2400 to change to a brand new bike isn't bad, in fact that's very good. 10 more horses, be surprised if you would ever notice it unless you pin it everywhere. I'm 40 odd horses if not more short against a blade, but I still left a few behind today on the track, just because I was prepared to wind it to the stop and leave it there whilst keeping grabbing gears.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You will want good neck muscles if you are going to see 141 on a naked, those speeds are bad enough with a screen. £2400 to change to a brand new bike isn't bad, in fact that's very good. 10 more horses, be surprised if you would ever notice it unless you pin it everywhere. I'm 40 odd horses if not more short against a blade, but I still left a few behind today on the track, just because I was prepared to wind it to the stop and leave it there whilst keeping grabbing gears.
Take it was a good day out.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
On top of the bike £2400. What I have to consider is they stopped making these over twelve months ago. This is one of the last made, never been run just created and stored. The FZ6N was replaced by the XJ6 but is lighter and has about 10 more horses with a 141 mph top end.
AH That explains it...

Was going to say. I knew there was an XJ6, and an FZ8. I had never heard about the 'FZ6' ^^

1 - 20 of 29 Posts