Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, a nice and easy one for ye i would imagine, how often does our bike need full service? and how often does it need air/oil filters replacing, and oil change? lol

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
full service every year by a dealer
but i change oil every 3months and recharge my air fliter /oil

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks and how many miles/kilometres do you have up on it for each service?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
service at 600 (from new) oil change at 1800, then service at 3500. then oil change it every 2000 miles or so and service every 3500

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
service at 600 (from new) oil change at 1800, then service at 3500. then oil change it every 2000 miles or so and service every 3500
Thats it! =]

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
and if you do oil changes yourself (most do on here and there is a guide) it only costs £10-20

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I service every 3000 miles and change oil every 1000. Doesn't cost much for servicing and do oil myself so no harm in maintaining more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I service every 3000 miles and change oil every 1000. Doesn't cost much for servicing and do oil myself so no harm in maintaining more often.

Yes I would agree that you should do oil change yourself and air filter rather than going garage, however when you do a full service maybe consider going to garage to get the stamp in your book! It will help with sale if you do not plan on keeping bike :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
d-r125 said:
Yes I would agree that you should do oil change yourself and air filter rather than going garage, however when you do a full service maybe consider going to garage to get the stamp in your book! It will help with sale if you do not plan on keeping bike :)
My bike is serviced by dealer and book stamped.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
If your bike is still under warranty, please bear in mind that you will have to get it stamped each time you have it serviced, otherwise your warranty could be void.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
what i would do is...change your oil and filters your self every 3000 miles then every year take it to a dealer to get a look over and get a stamp!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks very much for the help guys, my bike is 08 so its out of warranty, also there is no stamps in my book >.< i guess in ireland we do things differently :p

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
yeah ireland that might be different but pretty all advice above is good :D

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
ALSO.
The brake fluid should be changed once every two years. so it may be worth doing!
And the brake lines should be changed once every x number of years. Don't remember of the top of my head...

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
ALSO.
The brake fluid should be changed once every two years. so it may be worth doing!
And the brake lines should be changed once every x number of years. Don't remember of the top of my head...
Every 4 years my friend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts