Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am currently looking into getting some security bolts to replace my fairing bolts on the boomerang panel and also the bolt that holds my seat cover on as other panels should be fairly safe as long as they cannot get boomerangs off. would anyone else be interested as will buy more if that's that the case, each bike would need 5 bolts 4x boomerang and 1 seat cover which will prob work about £5 for the set at cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Am currently looking into getting some security bolts to replace my fairing bolts on the boomerang panel and also the bolt that holds my seat cover on as other panels should be fairly safe as long as they cannot get boomerangs off. would anyone else be interested as will buy more if that's that the case, each bike would need 5 bolts 4x boomerang and 1 seat cover which will prob work about £5 for the set at cost.

I'd be interested, remember we spoke about this before when we went up to Omars? We mentioned that the seat cowl is sooo easy to rob! If you can get security fairing bolts that would be great! To be totally honest Im worried about my Seat cowl and side panels. The rest cannot be taken off unless they were removed first.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
d-r125 said:
I'd be interested, remember we spoke about this before when we went up to Omars? We mentioned that the seat cowl is sooo easy to rob! If you can get security fairing bolts that would be great! To be totally honest Im worried about my Seat cowl and side panels. The rest cannot be taken off unless they were removed first.
Exactly which is why I said each set will have 5 bolts 1 for seat cover and 2 each for side panels.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is not made for the bike I am trying to match as best as possible using stock security bolts but more I buy cheaper they are.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
This is not made for the bike I am trying to match as best as possible using stock security bolts but more I buy cheaper they are.

Oki doki mate let me know im interested!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bikerboy said:
I am in can I get black ones
I am looking at buying plain stainless steel so do not round off or rust/corrode. Do not want Alloy ones.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Working it out will cost me about £9 for the bolts plus a tool end to fit them. As bolts are different size (M6 - M8) use different tool to fit.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Scott Murphy said:
Working it out will cost me about £9 for the bolts plus a tool end to fit them. As bolts are different size (M6 - M8) use different tool to fit.

Im in man

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bikerboy said:
Im in man
Cool man to get for a price I need to make up 25 sets or have lots of spares and most of the cost is the little torx socket kinda fitting.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
defo in - Just one question you said
5 bolts 1 for seat cover and 2 each for side panels.
So 5 bolts will be :

X1 for seat cowl-
X2 for L/H SIDE PANEL
X2 for R/H SIDE PANEL

But the side panel has like 4 maybe 5 each side isnt it?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
d-r125 said:
defo in - Just one question you said

So 5 bolts will be :

X1 for seat cowl-
X2 for L/H SIDE PANEL
X2 for R/H SIDE PANEL

But the side panel has like 4 maybe 5 each side isnt it?
If you look at boomerang panel it only has two bolts holding it on with a self tapper down the bottom. There is a panel under seat next to this panel but is held on with a third screw under seat so cannot remove that one. So complete set would be:

1x m8 20mm bolt for seat cowell
4x m6 16mm bolts for rh/lh boomerang
1x torx T30 bit
1x torx T40 bit

I will give a price once there is enough interest otherwise will get fewer but price go up slightly. From looking will be around £9 as torx bits are about £6 and bolts are quite cheap.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
In what way are they security?
Special head?

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fisher said:
In what way are they security?
Special head?
They are torx fitting pinned in the middle so need the hollow torx bit. Which I guess in theory anyone can buy the tool but is not likely the person trying to nick your panel will have one.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
They are torx fitting pinned in the middle so need the hollow torx bit. Which I guess in theory anyone can buy the tool but is not likely the person trying to nick your panel will have one.

Right, I'm with you...
But if someone wants the panels...

It will only prevent oppertunists...
Still, better than nothing :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fisher said:
Right, I'm with you...
But if someone wants the panels...

It will only prevent oppertunists...
Still, better than nothing :)
I'm only worried about those people. This type of security fitting is not very common among a thieves toolkit I would think. I can also get as pinned Allen key but I figured torx is even more obscure.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Killachipmunk said:
Fantastic idea Scott!
I'd be in if I didn't have bungs already.
Good idea :D
It cost me £148 to replace one panel... I have ordered some to do my own bike and I will post up pics and info but I would need at least 20-25 people who want them before I would order them as I will be charging to the penny what I pay for them. Not making money just supply the forum with some extra piece of mind.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts