Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
numbers 22 and 23 -
http://www.yamahascooterspares.co.uk/spares/epc2.asp?ModelID=9472&pageID=20&uid=28098746

i managed just about to get the locknut undone, tried to undo the bolt and it rounded instantly. i didn't think this was a problem as there was enough room to locate the spanner again but it went again. it felt like it was made of magnesium... i know it can't have been the wrong sized tool as the 9mm didn't fit and the 10mm did. unless my tool box is missing a 9.5mm spanner, in which case this is my own fault. otherwise, i now have to wait till next week for delivery for a pissing nut and bolt before i can get the rear wheel and chain on.

honestly, this has been so much trouble that i'm not past selling it the second it's fit enough to ride to the fu*king dealership.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
such a pain the arse. it's unreal.

·
Registered
870 Posts
use you're tools you got with the bike..

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they got pinched. do you not remember?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Sorry didnt know..

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my bike got pulled to pieces in my back garden. my fuel run-off pipe was cut, they snapped the injector body and they took my toolkit when they bolted.

don't worry about it, Drew. found some bolts i think will fit, so soon as i get these two out, all will be good.

·
Registered
558 Posts
they are 10mm mate, and the larger ones are 12mm, yours must have seized up, i know alot of my bolts seize up but because im always adjusting the chain tension its abit looser. if you can get the rear wheel back far enough its best to use the ring end of a spanner if you get what i mean, talking to an engineer today and i went to use the U end on the spanner on a bolt that hadnt been undone for a while, he said if the bolt heads ever gonna round off its gonna be using that end of the spanner, if you use the other end its got 6 points of contact rather than 2 and will have less flex to let the bolt slip through and round it off. basically always use the loop end of a spanner on a bolt thats very tight or stuck. also maybe try and tighten the bolt abit first then undo, sometimes help lossen things up. hope you can get it sorted :D

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Hope you sort it out mate your really having some bad luck!

Hope I don't Hijack your thread but there isnt a point starting a new one,

Is the pro bolt or any other brand screen bolt kit have large screw head size?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers, Azz. i was going to get the wheel back as far as i could and do that, so i'll be sure to give it a go tomorrow morning and take it from there.

and D; i have no idea.

·
Registered
361 Posts
numbers 22 and 23 -
http://www.yamahascooterspares.co.uk/spares/epc2.asp?ModelID=9472&pageID=20&uid=28098746

i managed just about to get the locknut undone, tried to undo the bolt and it rounded instantly. i didn't think this was a problem as there was enough room to locate the spanner again but it went again. it felt like it was made of magnesium... i know it can't have been the wrong sized tool as the 9mm didn't fit and the 10mm did. unless my tool box is missing a 9.5mm spanner, in which case this is my own fault. otherwise, i now have to wait till next week for delivery for a pissing nut and bolt before i can get the rear wheel and chain on.

honestly, this has been so much trouble that i'm not past selling it the second it's fit enough to ride to the fu*king dealership.
I feel your pain mate. Been off the road since November and since attempting to get it back to working order its been one snag after the other. Hang in there, will be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
my bike got pulled to pieces in my back garden. my fuel run-off pipe was cut, they snapped the injector body and they took my toolkit when they bolted.

don't worry about it, Drew. found some bolts i think will fit, so soon as i get these two out, all will be good.
they cut the fuel fun off pipe?
what was the point in that?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm not sure, looks like they were trying to steal the (empty) tank. but they were beaten by the bolt at the front of the tank by the yoke. which has also beaten me, 'cos ever since it's just spun in the hole and doesn't come off. :(

·
Registered
712 Posts
i'm not sure, looks like they were trying to steal the (empty) tank. but they were beaten by the bolt at the front of the tank by the yoke. which has also beaten me, 'cos ever since it's just spun in the hole and doesn't come off. :(
Gentle bit of pressure under the tab, and turn whilst levering it up, if you are lucky it will engage the thread then come out.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i was using an open-ended ring spanner. in the end i just hit a Snap-On ratchet with a mallet. now the only thing i need to do is get the pissing split link lock thing on my chain but i can't do it for the life of me. watched countless youtube videos but nothing...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts