Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently seaking a new position, which would require me to wear a suit.

Only problem is, I have no idea how to get the suit to work without it looking like I have run a marathon in it!

Wearing the shirt and trousers under my motorcycle jacket and trousers is ok... ish, but what the hell do I do with the jacket?

Any ideas? Any of you wear suits?

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Leave it at work, that's what I do!
I ride in with it one day, and then leave it there.

generally riding in a suit isn't a huge problem, so long as you dress nice and carefully :p
I believe my security guard does the same thing actually... Although he drives in :p

Reactions: Benji

·
Registered
85 Posts
eh? You have a security guard Fisher?
Tsk.... youth of today. It'll be a bloody chauffeur for the bike next!

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
One day I rode in with it underneath and bought spare clothing to change after day ends and now I leave it at work - I just change my shirt and jumper - if my trousers dirty will bring in another pair etc

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh, leave it there! Good idea!

I think I may need to get a new motorcycle jacket in that case, because mine absolutley STINKS!!

Can't really was it, because it's leather!

When I go to college, I spray it with fabreeze, which is ok, but then I have to walk around smelling like a pansy! (Which I try to cover up with ALOT of Lynx!), but you can still smell it, so I blame it on the gf! lol

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I meant you could still smell the fabreeze, not the sweat!! LOL!!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
You can wash it..
I put a guide up on here somewhere on how to wash bike jackets!

I believe, if I remember correctly, you wash it in a bucket of warm soapy water, allow it to dry naturally, and then treat it with some leather treatment or something....
http://r125forum.com/threads/washing-your-gear-and-waterproofs-in-general.236/#post-1664

Motorcycle Specific:
First of all, if you are washing your jacket / trousers. REMOVE THE ARMOUR.
Secondly, if you have a removable lining it may be best to wash them separately. The inside lining may well just be able to be washed regularly. (Check the label).

Leather Jackets:
If you insist on washing it yourself, then first of all, wipe it down with a damp cloth or baby wipes. This will clean most the dirt off.
Then wash any particularly dirty areas / stains with leather cleaner.
Finally wash by hand wish dish washing soap, in Luke warm water, as it doesn't contain harmful chemicals, and it smells very nice. This is best done by soaking the jacket in a bucket / tub and gently scrubbing it.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Hmmm..... Not too sure about soaking my £200 leather jacket in a bucket of soapy water! Wouldn't it just go really soft?
My mother for some reason decided to wash my gym gloves, they are leather!!! They went all soft and stretchy and then when it dried it got so hard I cant use it again :( such a waist of gloves and my monies, it didnt even need a wash! was soo pee'd off.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Once they go hard, you can treat it. It doesn't STAY like that...
Whenever my leather gloves get soaked, I dry them in the airing cupboard... they go solid, but as soon as I start wearing them again they softne up again. And as soon as they get exposed to moisture they soften up again...

The BEST way to wash it though, if you don't want to do it yourself (which is completely understandable) will be to get it dry cleaned.

Don't you have a removable lining? Because THAT should be the bit that smells, and that can be machine washed without issue normally.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Once they go hard, you can treat it. It doesn't STAY like that...
Whenever my leather gloves get soaked, I dry them in the airing cupboard... they go solid, but as soon as I start wearing them again they softne up again. And as soon as they get exposed to moisture they soften up again...

The BEST way to wash it though, if you don't want to do it yourself (which is completely understandable) will be to get it dry cleaned.

Don't you have a removable lining? Because THAT should be the bit that smells, and that can be machine washed without issue normally.
My winter textile jacket has a removable lining, which I ca, and do wash, but my summer leather one does not.

I guess I could go down the route of dry-cleaning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts