Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked one up today from Lidl for £20.
For that price, REALLY cannot go far wrong!

It has a main compartment, which has ample space to fit my laptop, some deodorant, a couple changes of clothes,change of shoes, duct tape, and whatever else.

The top of the main compartment has a netted section, so you can keep small important stuff at the top...

On top of the bag is a clear map section. Big, and mobile phones work through the plastic although it is quite temper-mental.

Each side has a compartment, and there is a final compartment on the front of the bag.

The magnetic section can unzip, so you can keep it on the bike if you wish, and there is either rucksack straps or a shoulder strap so you can carry the bag around with you. It also has a rain cover, which all tucks away inside the bag nice and tidy.

For added safety, the bag also has a strap which goes around the handlebars.

Overall it is a nice fit, feels pretty secure, and is of reasonable quality.

VERY practical :D

**Obviously, it would probably require modification to fit the R125's plastic tank, as with ALL magnetic tank bags.**

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Cam that sounds pretty impressive for something that cost £20... do you find a tank bag restricts your sitting possition? i once rode to a friends house with two beer bottles (not for me) under my jacket and could not ride properly with that extra thing in front of me. Can you still kinda tuck with tank bag?

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It actually isn't too bad, obviously being a sports bike, you CAN notice it.

However, it only just touches me...
Obviously I cannot tuck with it on, but it doesn't get in the way of my arms, so it is bearable.
Bit of getting used to and it will be fine I think,

I will use it to college and back tomorrow and let you know how it feels, as so far I only rode a couple miles with it on.

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
I have an Oxford one on mine and it is a little uncomfortable to tuck if your bag is packed tight, or massive, but if it's just got my camera and phone in its fine to tuck :p

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem with a backpack is that if you come off, whatever is IN the bag, will potentially damage your spine.
I know someone who damaged their spine on a laptop that was in the bag.

The laptop was written off as well...

Besides, this is quite practical, I can leave it on the bike if need be. AND, I can put a map, phone, sat nav or whatever in the clear pocket on the front!
And you can see it whilst moving.

ALSO, you can access the bag whilst on the bike. Hint hint, McDonalds drive through! ;)

Obviously, also you can still use it if you have a pillion, without making them wear your rucksack, for example if they have their OWN bag...

It would be intereting to see if you can fit strong magnets to the UNDERSIDE of the R125 tank?
Alternatively, I am sure you could fashion some kind of mount to fit the bottom part of the bad to the tank with straps?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts