Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I know this has been asked a few times but I can't figure it out. When I take the seat off, I have no chance at getting to the bolts to remove the pegs as there are wires, boxes and a big metal piece in the way. Anyone got advice on how to remove all this to get to the peg bolts?

I'm not too mechanically inclined and haven't ever taken fairings off or owt. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
658 Posts
I think I had to take the plastic undertray off to fit the pegs on mine and they bolted on from the inside, I would imagine it's similar on the gen2 since the frame didn't change so the holes will be in the same place..

The undertray is relevant because it needs single-use panel pins to put back on.

Have a look underneath and see if you can see the pins. The middle pushes through and then you should be able to remove the pin but they are single use.

Fortunately you can get them here if you need them:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I had to take the plastic undertray off to fit the pegs on mine and they bolted on from the inside, I would imagine it's similar on the gen2 since the frame didn't change so the holes will be in the same place..

The undertray is relevant because it needs single-use panel pins to put back on.

Have a look underneath and see if you can see the pins. The middle pushes through and then you should be able to remove the pin but they are single use.

Fortunately you can get them here if you need them:
You must be right. I took all the tail fairings off today to whack a tail tidy on and still couldn't get to those damn peg bolts. Covered up by cables and some hydraulic pipes that I'm not even gonna think about touching lol.

I removed one or two of those single use pins to get the tail fairings off and am just running without them for now, but I didn't touch the underneath panel yet. I'll give that a go, cheers dude!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts