Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a new bike next week…been told but not checked that a previous owner has put lowering kit on. Do I just need to buy a used stock standard rear suspension linkage and change it over to get original height again? Nothing else needs changing?

thanks

first bike noob questions…

·
Registered
15 Posts
the previous person hopefully lowered the front forks, if it’s a 2014+ model the the forks are meant to be flush with the handle bars using a standard link (e.g I’m getting a 40mm lowering kit so I’m gonna need to lower the front the same amount)

just to clarify, it’s not the forks themselves that get lowered, it’s the fork clamps that slide up/down the forks that can be changed 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the previous person hopefully lowered the front forks, if it’s a 2014+ model the the forks are meant to be flush with the handle bars using a standard link (e.g I’m getting a 40mm lowering kit so I’m gonna need to lower the front the same amount)

just to clarify, it’s not the forks themselves that get lowered, it’s the fork clamps that slide up/down the forks that can be changed 👍
yeah it’s 2014. Will have to properly check it out next week. Bike felt good to ride but as I’m 6’2 I want to put it back to stock height if indeed it has been lowered. Not tried another to notice a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts