Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

so last night me and a buddy decided to update my bike i have rode her as a commuter everyday for 2 years, however my dad bought the bike for me and when i rode it for the first time i noticed the indicators would not always work the horn never worked. we opened the left controls up and inside was heavily corrorded so we fitted a brand new switch the whole thing.

so yesterday i fitted a brandnew full fairing kit and replaced all the horn and inidcator controls, now the front indactors work 100% of the time but only the fronts. the horn now works 100% and very loud

sometimes the rear right will work infact id say it works 70% of the time the left rear indicator never works and the front left flashes too quicky we also noitced that when the rear right right indicator does the 30% of the time it doesnt will also flash to quickly.

all bulbs have been replaced any thoughts on what this issue could be? we worked on her for 12 hours straight yesterday removing rust replaced every bolt with black ones and put on the full fairing kit in black every panel has a glossy black finish and the bike looks great with all the other parts being cleaned with alcohol we also changed the front and rear brake pads and front mud guard which was a nightmare as they used rivets at the factor this was replaced with kit containing a new plate with nuts and bolts.

as you can imagine after doing so much work getting the bike back to looking new this indicator issue is frustrating any ideas on what could be causing the issue?

Kind regards

AiRz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do mate, were also going to take the fairings off again and going to clean every single connection and check for erosion i also noticed today that the front brake doesn't activate the brake light so I think your right its probably corroded connections, I'm hoping not to have to fit a new wiring loom were not mechanics and just using our common sense which isn't great but the bike is running nicely and looks good, I have a carbon fibre (pretty sure its not real carbon fibre) end can coming and were going to spray the tail pile gear change lever black as well, when its all done ill upload some photo's I've also ordered some blanking plates where the mirrors go as I'm not going to put them back on, its better to do more life savers in my opinion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts