Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I decided to go find petrol and fill up the tank of my R125 "Wasp". Nipped down to Shell at Ealing Common. Last time I was there, they had NO fuel at all. Nothing. Every pump was locked down, so I rode away, empty handed :-(. On that occasion, I roundly cursed the morons in power who kicked off the whole panic buying shebang, and come next Xmas, hopefully my curse will result in their mince pies rising and roundly smiting them. Repeatedly. And their Xmas puddings will also explode, but.....I digress. This time around, I surmised the panic buying should be over and I should be able to get my few litres of Shell V-Power. Ha! I should be so lucky.....
Did I find Shell V-Power at the two stations I visited? "The Dogs Danglies" did I find V-Power. Not a drop in my sector! I was absolutely livid. What is the point living in the 21st century when you can't even buy fuel for your relatively humble mode of transport? Was there a war on? Er...no. Did the planets supply of liquified hydrocarbon resources get assimilated by "The Borg"? No. To add insult to injury, they only had FuelSave Unleaded, which was being sold at the price I last paid for V-Power about 2 weeks ago. Livid, I was. Swing a Lightsabre, I felt like. For a moment, the Dark Side turned my eyes the colour of my bike. Or it was the reflection of the bike in my eyes, dunno, but again, I digress. Well, I topped up the "Wasp" albeit apprehensively. Yes, yes, I felt quite Fuellish because of the way I was being cynically mugged at the pumps, and I couldn't even have what I wanted. Cameron, Clegg and all the other dweebs in power responsible for this Bravo Sierra, come the elections, I will NOT forget this moment. There will be probes into this. Alien probes up the wazoo's of every <bleeeeeeeep!!!> in power responsible for this distasteful debacle, that is!! Grrrrrrrr....!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Costs me nearly £20 to brim a tank because of that stupid fuel scare.
I mean fucking hell...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Killachipmunk said:
Costs me nearly £20 to brim a tank because of that stupid fuel scare.
I mean freaking hell...
Normal price for me... Bp ultimate at my local is 148.9p a litre.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
117 Posts
that the price in my area but i have seen the place that have bumped the price up.
They are all money makers

·
Registered
686 Posts
i swear i was getting V-Power at 134.9/ltr pre-'crisis'.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
MrWhite said:
i swear i was getting V-Power at 134.9/ltr pre-'crisis'.
Even standard petrol round me is 1.40 litre... Been like that for ages. Where you live? I had said to someone that petrol was more expensive in London. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Well my local's now pushing the basic no-adds version at 142.9/ltr...
I hate the people that went out panic buying so much right now. Thanks to this I've only got £20 a month left...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Well my local's now pushing the basic no-adds version at 142.9/ltr...
I hate the people that went out panic buying so much right now. Thanks to this I've only got £20 a month left...
Petrol station i went to before the last ace meet when the panic was on had to completely fill my tank from reserve for £1.51 a litre for bp ultimate! hated it but had no choice!

·
Registered
712 Posts
V-Power is a non-mainstream fuel, so is the first not to be delivered, so because of the panic buying, the delivery of it has been delayed, whilst they refill all the forecourts with the manistream fuels. We had our V-Power delivery the other day, which was a relief.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts