Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well slap me in the face with an ice cold, wet fresh North Sea Cod with its scales still intact!!! Hasn't the YZF-R125 become a bit of a legend in its own right? Has anyone noticed that the bike is the ONLY 125cc bike in the Top 30? I mean, that is SO cool!! I shall feel superior on my ride to work down the A406 to work tomorrow morning :)

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Well slap me in the face with an ice cold, wet fresh North Sea Cod with its scales still intact!!! Hasn't the YZF-R125 become a bit of a legend in its own right? Has anyone noticed that the bike is the ONLY 125cc bike in the Top 30? I mean, that is SO cool!! I shall feel superior on my ride to work down the A406 to work tomorrow morning :)
I know!! May have to get a new sticker for my bike saying SIMPLY THE BEST!!!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
yea iv noticed that aswell!
no even an old rs125 is on there!

·
Registered
686 Posts
i demand that you email MCN, Fisher, and correct them and their constant libel with regards to the bike's top speed. it clearly is not 75. infact, pretty much everything they've written about the R125 is wrong. 52mpg with 150 miles/tank. i also thought we only had a 12L tank, not 13.8.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
i demand that you email MCN, Fisher, and correct them and their constant libel with regards to the bike's top speed. it clearly is not 75. infact, pretty much everything they've written about the R125 is wrong. 52mpg with 150 miles/tank. i also thought we only had a 12L tank, not 13.8.
my local yamaha says its 13.8 litre tank mate and lets say 84mph is our reading thats not accurate, if you was shot at by a radar gun I bet you it shows 76mph, (84 - 8mph = 76mph)

Usually the clocks are wrong by 10% e.g. if your going 30mph your reading would show 27mph on a radar gun. if your going 10mph it would show 9mph so obviously the faster it says your going the more its inaccurate. Same with cars etc this is why you dont get flashed if you go through a 30mph road with a camera if you are travelling at 35mph because your really going going 32mph and they give you a 2mph margin to play with but I bet you if you trave 36mph (defo 37mph) you will get flashed :)

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason you don't get flashed, firstly is because the VAST majority of speed cameras are turned off!
And secondly, they are programmed to give you lenience.

I believe it is +10% +3.
So a 30mph zone camera wont flash unless it registers 36mph.

BUT, I agree, most speedos are wrong.
When I was pulled over, I was tempted to ask the officer to drive off at a steady 70mph so that I could guage how accurate my speedo is :p

The other thing I was going to try, is fitting a bicycle speedo. If I measure it accurately, I should be able to get that pretty damn accurate.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Fisher said:
The reason you don't get flashed, firstly is because the VAST majority of speed cameras are turned off!

I believe it is +10% +3.

When I was pulled over, I was tempted to ask the officer to drive off at a steady 70mph so that I could guage how accurate my speedo is :p

The other thing I was going to try, is fitting a bicycle speedo. If I measure it accurately, I should be able to get that pretty damn accurate.
Sometimes if certain things work out the clock can also be accurate. Can be up to 10% so don't go thinking yeah I can go 10% over the limit all the time. My clock is quite accurate compared to 3 different gps devices done in comparisons at different speed. At 70 on my clock gps average is 67-68 so not as much as 10%.
d-r125

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts

I believe it is +10% +3.

10% + 3 i think it is, but i said 2 to be on save side haha

and Scott Murphy your GPS devices may not be as accurate??? But who knows I know I make sure im fine anyway tbh, also we could try get a radar gun and have a bit of fun :D

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
d-r125 said:
10% + 3 i think it is, but i said 2 to be on save side haha

and Scott Murphy your GPS devices may not be as accurate??? But who knows I know I make sure im fine anyway tbh, also we could try get a radar gun and have a bit of fun :D
That's why I used 3 different gps device and they are usually accurate as good quality gps. 3 different device and basically same reading with all. I usually just slow down to signed speed when camera there that way I know I'm ok as clock will always run on fast side as I'm sure they make it worse to make bikes and cars seem faster than they are. At top speed never seen higher than 80 on gps.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The radar guns are even worse! :p

BEST way, would be a high speed camera.
Measure the distance between two points, and use the camera to work out the EXACT time.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Fisher said:
The radar guns are even worse! :p

BEST way, would be a high speed camera.
Measure the distance between two points, and use the camera to work out the EXACT time.
Would be so much easier if they just made speedo accurate! If they can make cycle computers be 100% accurate why not motorcycle???

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TO be fair...
The speedo reading would change even if something as simple as the ammount of tyre tread is left...
More tyre tread = greater circumerence...

And if it reads even SLIGHTLY less than the true speed, and you get done for speeding. You would probably try and sue them.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Fisher said:
TO be fair...
The speedo reading would change even if something as simple as the ammount of tyre tread is left...
More tyre tread = greater circumerence...

And if it reads even SLIGHTLY less than the true speed, and you get done for speeding. You would probably try and sue them.
True.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts