Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just changed both my headlights to H7 when I took out the old ones one had a little extra bulb bit down the bottom. Can I use H7 in both high And low beam?

Thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just changed both my headlights to H7 when I took out the old ones one had a little extra bulb bit down the bottom. Can I use H7 in both high And low beam?

Thanks
in the R125, the bulbs are H7's in both sides, the one side is for high beam and the other is for low beam as I'm sure you know, as for this extra bit I have no idea, get a picture up if possible and will try to get back to you :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks if I take them out again I will. I changed them to H7 55w just ones off eBay when I turned on the headlights tho there was a burning smell so I quickly changed them back.

·
Registered
558 Posts
that says it all mate haha, cheap ones of ebay run so hot its unreal, I have done the same but never again, will buy a branded set if I ever need to again :) mine are 55w H7's standard in my R125 but I've put HIDs in mine, look better and way much more light on the road just have to make sure its not too bright for other people on the road haha

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeh I would love hids. I just worry that the cords and stuff might look messy or that I will stuff up the installation (I'm a bit of a perfectionist ) lol
Would you recommend the Phillips diamond vision bulbs if I don't get hids?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeh I would love hids. I just worry that the cords and stuff might look messy or that I will stuff up the installation (I'm a bit of a perfectionist ) lol
Would you recommend the Phillips diamond vision bulbs if I don't get hids?
haha, I know you have to cut up the high beam bulb holder to get the HID's to fit so I'm sure that would put you off doing it lol, and I haven't used those bulbs so cannot recommend them, but I'm sure they would be good as they are from a good company.
I know Osram are top quality makers of bulbs so might be worth checking out them and their Night Breaker range ( I think its night breaker haha), but if your bulbs are okay as they are then don't worry until the times comes when you need to change them, I've never had a bulb blow on me so have never had to change them :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't upload the video file as its too larger but I have made a modified wiring loom and both my lights now work on low and high beam without messing with the switch. From H7 2pin bulbs now to H4 3pin bulbs. Flasher works fine, both main beams work fine and both high beams work fine the way they should

21 - 32 of 32 Posts