Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially for you IanB I had a play on Photoshop to see if I could make an SRAD style cowl.
In fact the shape fits rather perfectly on the images, no actual change there, so I put a bit of time into making it the right colour for your bike.

If you were to make one in the SRAD style, here you go!
R125bubbleback copy.jpg

·
Registered
870 Posts
Not a fan

·
Registered
180 Posts
lol cheers dude. Looks so much better than the standard cowls Yammy put out. and £80 (get em cheaper than that if shop about but I think that is standard retail) seems like a colossal rip off for how little they change the look. I might be the only idiot who likes that but like it I do!

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks alright the one in the image looks a bit too tall. its taller than tank
I could have flattened it down some, but looking at the proper SRADs, the idea is that the cowl follows the line of the tank in an arc. Have a look on google, they all have a higher tail.
I agree though, personally I'd have a lower one, doesn't look right!
So here's one for me and you :p :
I think it looks FANTASTIC. I prefer it like this, might do a few 3D sketches of it and see!
R125bubblebacklow.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i have never been one for the SRAD rear styling, and i really do not like it on r125, the second image is much better but overall i cant see why you would do it, then again it is all a matter of opinion, and each to their own :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
mozz said:
i have never been one for the SRAD rear styling, and i really do not like it on r125, the second image is much better but overall i cant see why you would do it, then again it is all a matter of opinion, and each to their own :)
Yeah I think I agree it look a bit odd and I can't see the point of it... Unless you need somewhere to put your keys and wallet if there is space inside that hump.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awwwwh, each to their own I guess :p
I love a nice rounded smooth rear. Doesn't really work so well on this, wonder what it'd look like if I angled it. Maybe I'll have a look later :p

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
it looks good. everyone has different taste :) your allowed to disagree on this forum :D your allowed to disagree in life! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wrong thread there Barky?
I've not changed the name of this one since I made it last night!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts