Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially for you IanB I had a play on Photoshop to see if I could make an SRAD style cowl.
In fact the shape fits rather perfectly on the images, no actual change there, so I put a bit of time into making it the right colour for your bike.

If you were to make one in the SRAD style, here you go!
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
870 Posts
Not a fan

·
Registered
180 Posts
lol cheers dude. Looks so much better than the standard cowls Yammy put out. and £80 (get em cheaper than that if shop about but I think that is standard retail) seems like a colossal rip off for how little they change the look. I might be the only idiot who likes that but like it I do!

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks alright the one in the image looks a bit too tall. its taller than tank
I could have flattened it down some, but looking at the proper SRADs, the idea is that the cowl follows the line of the tank in an arc. Have a look on google, they all have a higher tail.
I agree though, personally I'd have a lower one, doesn't look right!
So here's one for me and you :p :
I think it looks FANTASTIC. I prefer it like this, might do a few 3D sketches of it and see!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i have never been one for the SRAD rear styling, and i really do not like it on r125, the second image is much better but overall i cant see why you would do it, then again it is all a matter of opinion, and each to their own :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
mozz said:
i have never been one for the SRAD rear styling, and i really do not like it on r125, the second image is much better but overall i cant see why you would do it, then again it is all a matter of opinion, and each to their own :)
Yeah I think I agree it look a bit odd and I can't see the point of it... Unless you need somewhere to put your keys and wallet if there is space inside that hump.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awwwwh, each to their own I guess :p
I love a nice rounded smooth rear. Doesn't really work so well on this, wonder what it'd look like if I angled it. Maybe I'll have a look later :p

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
it looks good. everyone has different taste :) your allowed to disagree on this forum :D your allowed to disagree in life! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wrong thread there Barky?
I've not changed the name of this one since I made it last night!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts