Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got R125 2021, so i went outside to my bike and turn it on and press to start the engine and the start bugs out and the engine light turned on then engine turned on. But when i drive everything is ok. Day before did few pop and bangs in high rpm after that I went for a chill ride in the evening I put on my db killer it turned in well and in the morning i got that engine surprise. Does anybody knows what is the problem?

·
Super Moderator
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
707 Posts
afaik the "known codes" tend to be for the gen1.. if I'm not mistaken don't the gen3s come with an OBD port which, if you get an obd reader would tell you exactly what's wrong? I don't have one so idk where it would be but if you google "yzf R125 2020 fault code" you get this code reader link and it shows the sort of plug you're looking for: Yamaha YZF-R125 MT-125 YZF 125 FI, OBD2 fault code scanner diagnostic tool | eBay

(pasting image so it's still useful for when the ebay listing disappears)

Product Communication Device Measuring instrument Gadget Audio equipment

·
Registered
2 Posts
afaik the "known codes" tend to be for the gen1.. if I'm not mistaken don't the gen3s come with an OBD port which, if you get an obd reader would tell you exactly what's wrong? I don't have one so idk where it would be but if you google "yzf R125 2020 fault code" you get this code reader link and it shows the sort of plug you're looking for: Yamaha YZF-R125 MT-125 YZF 125 FI, OBD2 fault code scanner diagnostic tool | eBay

(pasting image so it's still useful for when the ebay listing disappears)

View attachment 34173
every long flash counts for 10 every quick flash counts for 1 that will tell you what error code. Then you check an error in manual error list

1 - 4 of 4 Posts