Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I want to increase the performance of my 2018 r125.
I don't want to get a different cylinder kit or sum.
I was thinking about airfilter, exhaust and ecu.
When this is good, what ecu should i use?
Or do you have different ideas to get more performance?
r_ydd

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
please see this post:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was actually thinking about getting a Tuneboss ECU
but i was a little confused about which one to get, cuz as far as i know, they don't make one specific for the r125.
additionally i didn't know where to get one, but ig here u are.
I won't get one in the next 6 months or so, cuz i don't even have my license yet.
soo, i would want to get one in 8 months or so.

are you in a contract with them now, so are you selling tb ecu's?
which are compatible with 2018 version, stock

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
I just got a reply from them this morning so at this stage there's no contracts or anything, just a few emails. It might take a while till I get the first devices too, but if there's actually interest I might still see if there's some sort of reseller thing we can do or even I might just buy a couple and then sell them on ebay or whatever. IDK really how that side of it would work but the main issue so far has simply been getting hold of them at all, and as you say which is the correct model for the R125?

This is the sort of thing I'm trying to figure out with them at the moment. It looks like the device for the FZ-150i is the correct one, and that should then also cover us for 2014-2018 but for example how different the fuel/ignition map is idk, so maybe they need flashing with a map more suited to the R125 before it will run.

These guys seem pretty clued up so far, so hopefully will have answers on this soon.. but your timeframe should be fine. If this works out then I'd like to keep some supply going since it's potentially a pretty neat solution for quite a few people (esp gen2s!), and by then we might even know more about exactly which bikes it does/doesn't run on and how it needs to be set up..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, sounds very good!
as far as i know legend is using the r3 model?
Sky Font Electric blue Darkness Graphics

what would be perfect is, if they made an specific model for the r125!
but lets see how everything goes on at first.
i would love to hear some updates from you, if thats possible :)
if you manage to get hold on some of them, and you are actually going to sell them, please contact me, i would love to get one.
thank you for your replies and infos

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
yeah they don't have the R125 in malaysia, only the R15 and FZ-150i i think, so there probably is no "R125 model", just a "model which will also work on the R125", and they've already said they're not actively developing it.

Same goes wiht the software, it's probably the same software which does various models and perhaps they developed it for the R3 and then expanded it to R15/FZ150i.. idk.

but this is kinda the point of contacting them, to figure this stuff out, maybe get a test unit or two an then we know how to do it.

I'll post updated on that otherthread as I get them..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, sounds great!
but the next question will be, where we can get the right maps from...

anywayss, thank you, and i will check the other thread every once in a while

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R125 (180cc)
537 Posts
but the next question will be, where we can get the right maps from...
well this is part of the "figuring it out" I was on about.. it's not an off the shelf thing apparently with the tuneboss. This is a setup which can also run on an R125, rather than a setup which is made for the R125, and since it's not a piggyback controller you need a map to start with (for both fuel + ignition).

The powertronic ecu also looks interesting and looks quite similar to the TB in many ways (also fuel+ ingition, but no autotune) but their model support says 2013-2018 which makes no sense to me and livechat support could not clarify. If it's gen2 only and makes use of the o2 sensor then it's 2014-2018 and if it's gen1 compatible it's 2008-2013, so 2013-2018 wtf?. If the year range is accurate I suspect they must have just deleted the input for the o2 sensor for all versions and run a fixed map, and then it ought to also run on other gen1.. but who knows.

I should have my hands on one of the powertronic ones in the next few weeks (it's just been ordered) so should know more then, and whether that's a viable alternative to the tuneboss

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am open to everything, it doesn't matter if it is tuneboss or something else.
as long as it works, and i get some more power, its fine for me :)

When it arrived, and you have some more information bout it, please let me know!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts