Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

R.i.p Phelsuma Madagascariensis Grandis 'zelda'

3K views 55 replies 13 participants last post by  R125 Rob 
#1 ·
Not strictly photography but thought I'd show you guys the other thing that I have to care for and feed

some pics of her tank

and some of her i took just now

See less See more
#4 ·
Isn't that large for a gecko?
I always thought they were really small!

Must be a well fed gecko :p

Amazing colouring!
Looks like a ninja ;)

#6 ·
Isn't that large for a gecko?
I always thought they were really small!

Must be a well fed gecko :p

Amazing colouring!
Looks like a ninja ;)
Well she is a giant day gecko! But yeah agrreed, she's really pretty :) i think she's about 10 inches atm and might grow to 12 :)

Can you handle her
Take her out? Pet? and such?
unfortuantely she's really fragile and her skin rips easily. If i let her/took her out by hand she'd leap right out and go on the ceiling

#12 ·
i got a bargain cos they werent selling in the shop i got it from. mine was £20 but they range from 65-80, a decent sized vivarium is about 50, plus 22 for the uvb bulb, a tenner for a heat mat, then plants and logs so far ive spent around £20

#14 ·
3-4 medium/large locusts 3 times a week, for me works out to be £2.50 a week or so

that's for an adult tho. juveniles and babies obviously need smaller ones and they need feeding more often

#21 ·
Aaah, googled it.
It uses the van der Waals forces thing...

Difficult to explain... but the shinier, the easier it is to cling to.
Which either is... or is very similar to electro static attraction.

#23 ·
Geckos wiggle back and forth when they walk because of the fact that in order to lift their foot from the wall surface, it must curl each toe upward from the front to "unhook" its villosities

#24 ·
Now I read somewhere that they do that to PEEL there feet off, because at an angle, the force of attraction is very low...

#30 ·
Ok, so I could find her in her viv the other night, so I searched inside her log by taking a pic

Not there so I thought she must be inside the bamboo, low and behold she was. Stupidly cute

I'm still confused about how she turned around inside the bamboo tho, unless she got in by walking backwards :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.