Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, ok here we go, im hoping to go to the IOM TT in june, the best port for me to sail out of larne, which is roughly 350km from where i am, now to go on A roads and avoid motorways this trip will take me over 5 hours, on the motorway its about 3 and a bit hours, so my question is, are the r125 bikes really built for a 3 hour motorway trash at full power, im really worried the bike will blow up, i just dont think its meant for that kind of abuse, if anyone who uses their bike on long motoraway journeys regularly (or even the once :p) has anything to offer please do as any information is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
After doing a fair few long journeys now, I can say that yes your bike should be fine as long as its well maintained (oil, chain etc) after a while the fan will come on to aid cooling and your bike will get hot but should be ok :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I went to Newcastle and back from London and used A roads but most of journey done at 60-70+ and was fine and that was 300 miles each way which is 480km each way. (I stayed overnight)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, gweglez, i lube my chain and it was adjusted the other day, it is due a service though, >.< im broke after ordering my bt45's have to pay for them during the week once they arrive, i will have it serviced by june though lol first job next month once im paid again :p and scott i have done a few 300 km journeys at 60/70+ just wondering if you think that 9000+ rpm in top gear for sustained periods would be fine? dunno why, i love my bike, it just doesnt seem built for that kind of punishment, seems once i push it to that point it feels, restricted, or choking, i cant really explain its just a weird feeling, like im pushing it too far.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well assuming you're going to do a few fuel stops and something to eat I reckon you'll be ok, you can always drop down to 60 for a bit if needs be

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Trust me, you will give in long before the bike :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts