Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a kit of malossi.I have posted again about the 150 cc kit but i finally
decide to buy the malossi one.I have some questions to do though.Does the malossi kit also
need the malossi power cam to work or it can work with the stock yamaha one?Why does it
need the power commander to work when it has the force master 2?Does the kit need something
extra to work?

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
the kit will work without the power cam
the power commander gives better fueling than the mad force 2 some people run the mad force 2 with out any problem
i think most dyno place you need a power commander because easy to tune and they can make you a map
i would get the power cam 2

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
If anything that reading is from the engine not rear wheel. but it loses about 6 to 7bhp through transmission and tyre mate

with 180kit you will see a figure of around 22 to possibly 25bhp AT THE ENGINE not backwheel.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think that you lose so much power.In stock condition you lose about 3,8 horse power?Whatever i am going to make too many modifications.Here in Greece we are famous about modding bikes.I will begin with a mechanic friend who will do for me a modification on the cyclinder head port and blue printing wherever he can at the engine.

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
CDI
- Carburation adjusting
- ± 20% at min/medium/max
- RPM limiter : + 1000 RPM

4 different maps: 4 different maps:
• curve 0 : fuel adjustment values zeroed out (CDI excluded) • curve 0 : fuel adjustment values zeroed out (CDI excluded)
• curve 1 : Malossi cylinder and original exhaust system • curve 1 : Malossi cylinder and original exhaust system
• curve 2 : Malossi cylinder, Malossi fi lter and tuned exhaust system • curve 2 : Malossi cylinder and tuned exhaust system
• curve 3 : Malossi cylinder, Malossi fi lter, Malossi cams and tuned exhaust system • curve 3 : Malossi cylinder, Malossi cams and tuned exhaust system

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I don't think that you lose so much power.In stock condition you lose about 3,8 horse power?Whatever i am going to make too many modifications.Here in Greece we are famous about modding bikes.I will begin with a mechanic friend who will do for me a modification on the cyclinder head port and blue printing wherever he can at the engine.
I am looking forward to hearing your updates etc keep me posted!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts