R125Forum.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a yamaha yzf r125 2016 with full akroprovic system and k&n air filter, just wonder the best way to get more power with out fucking my engine. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
the slightly longer version of that is (as far as I understand) the 2014> bikes are much harder to tune, which means you basically need a custom ecu like speeduino or rabbit, which have quite a high technical threshold (like you have to make the wiring loom to connect it even if you buy the module fully built), which is beyond what most people are equipped to do. Idk what year they introduced the o2 sensor but there's posts on here with peoople fighting with that too and the solution seems to usually end up: "custom ecu".

So you get to a point where you'd need to either acquire such knowledge to circumvent the stock system (i.e. completely replace the management) AND spend a bunch of money (if you get a pre-built unit rather than assembling the circuit board yourself), to only really get quite a small performance increase in return (a slightly faster R125), that you have to ask whether it's really worth it.

So actually, miz is kinda right. In this case...if you want a faster bike, get a faster bike. If there's some reason you can't get a faster bike then idk..discuss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts