Yamaha YZF R125 Forum and Owners Club: Friendly bike community for all. Power Commander For Yamaha Yzf-r125 2016 | R125 Forum
Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

Power Commander For Yamaha Yzf-r125 2016

Discussion in 'Bike of The Month - Photography Competition.' started by Jannik Buus, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Jannik Buus

Jannik Buus New Member

Current Bike (Optional):
    Yamaha YZF R-125 2016
    License Currently Held:
    Non UK Provisional Bike
    I'm looking for a possibility to increase the power from my 2016 R125. I have a full exhaust system and a K&N air filter, but i can't seem to find any information regarding whether or not a power commander will fit on the 2016 model, and if so, if i have to make some aftermarket adjustments to make it fit.
    My dad and i where wondering whether or not a possibility could be to change the injector nozzles to another with increased fuel flow, to give the engine some more juice.
    Anybody with a 2014-2016 model with information regarding more power, will be much appreciated.
    NorthCust likes this.
  2. R125Forum.com Advertisement

3. I seen something on YouTube about this I will get the channel I was looking to do this myself.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  4. Right the video quality is not very good but he removes the " Injection control cable " i think it gives u more power or it goes faster one of them his channels is on YouTube - MRB MOTOVLOGS and the video is 2 years old I dont no what year his bike is but I no it's a Yamaha yzfr125 the down fall he dont show u how to do it he just shows u he's done it I'd love to do this myself hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  5. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    >> I'm looking for a possibility to increase the power from my 2016 R125. I have a full exhaust system and a K&N air filter, but i can't seem to find any information regarding whether or not a power commander will fit on the 2016 model, and if so, if i have to make some aftermarket adjustments to make it fit.

The best bet could be to email dynojet directly - they're pretty helpful with stuff like that and will be able to tell you for sure: [email protected]

>> My dad and i where wondering whether or not a possibility could be to change the injector nozzles to another with increased fuel flow, to give the engine some more juice.

this is something we've discussed previously somewhere (i think: https://www.r125forum.com/threads/best-powercommander-for-old-type-r125.20244/#post-347068 ) and seems like it could work. I have a workign PCV on mine so am not about to mess with my injector if i don't have to but i don't see why it wouldn't work.

If you look at this listing, towards the bottom they have links for injectors wiht a bunch of different flow rates. I'm sure you could email the seller and find out what the original injector flow is and get one whcih has maybe +20% or +30% which would be vaguely about right for r125 + k+n, plus exhaust (from memory, I can check the map I was using if needed). Correctly fuelled that bike should be making around the legal limit of 15 bhp or just over.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32791484382.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.369142d7EpkY11