Yamaha YZF R125 Forum and Owners Club: Friendly bike community for all. Possible Timing Issue | R125 Forum
Change
  1. BOTM Winner
    Congratulations grayej! You are the winner of November's BOTM competition!

Please visit the BOTM section to see more entries, or to enter this month.

Click here to enter!

Possible Timing Issue

Discussion in 'Technical / Mechanical Discussion' started by DeltaDeano, May 3, 2020.

1. DeltaDeano

DeltaDeano New Member

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Hello again guys not sure if you allow Rieju RS3 125 users asking questions but it's the engine I need advice on.
    I bought a 2012 model last week with engine issue (I knew that) it was cheap.
    The thing was the balance Shaft bearings had both disintegrated so I took out engine marked timing on block with piston at top dead.
    Then split the engine removed all the crap checked for any damage all seemed ok. Put engine back together and got it started ticks over great but when you rev it up it sounds like it's missing around 4k rpm. Could it be a tooth out or could it be a carb issue. It was not running when I bought it but did turn over. Bought off a Young lad with an enthusiastic right hand. Thanks for any help guys really appreciate it.
    NorthCust likes this.
  2. R125Forum.com Advertisement

3. NorthCust

NorthCust Active Member

Home Page:
    Current Bike (Optional):
    2008 Yamaha R125
    License Currently Held:
    UK Full Bike
    >> Rieju RS3 125

TIL that his bike exists wiht the same engine as the R125.. nice!

I doubt anyone has an issue with it, though sounds like they're set up a little differently since the R125 is EFI.

sorry I can't be more use - just figured I'd say hey and welcome :) hopefully someone on here will know more.
  4. DeltaDeano

DeltaDeano New Member

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    Thanks Northcust that's twice you have replied to my posts :) there is a bike tuning company not far from me I might get them to look it over when I have finished painting the fairing. Cheers.
    NorthCust likes this.
  5. misiozol

misiozol Member

Missing what @4k rpm ? power ? spark ? does it do same thing with wheel up ?
  6. DeltaDeano

DeltaDeano New Member

License Currently Held:
    UK Provisional (CBT)
    I think I have sussed it. Removed carb and cleaned and adjusted mixture screw. Need new plug now but replacing clutch plates when they turn up.
    I have only had the bike two weeks and don't know any history with it so I'm having to go through all the mechanical's to make sure the bike is right. Also I have made a baffle for the exhaust due to being f_-#king loud lol.
    NorthCust likes this.
  7. misiozol

misiozol Member

Nothing beats custom ecu, cost is not big but all works as it should ;)