Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would put a quick note as today i removed my panels and did this mod the full way and removed the valve and bunged and cut the tubes to make a very neat job which was made even neater with the very well made top hat bungs i got from Benji

1 - A lot smoother at lower speeds crawling through traffic! Very nice for london commuting.
2 - A lot more responsive on the throttle especially at full throttle bike is pulling a lot different!
3 - I'm glad i did it!! :MexWave:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have not tried it on a long run but on a short stretch of road today i managed to pull up to 65 with not much effort!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Was thinking of doing this but was not sure if there was any gain to be had. Your review has convinced me to try it so in a week or two going to give it a full service and valve clearance check and try this mod. Thanks for the feed back.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was thinking of doing this but was not sure if there was any gain to be had. Your review has convinced me to try it so in a week or two going to give it a full service and valve clearance check and try this mod. Thanks for the feed back.
I took ages to get round to doing it but am now glad i did... I mean it is not a massive difference but enough for the time and effort it takes to do it. (About 15 mins max if removing the valve like i did)

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
For as cheap as this mod is its more than enough gain! The throttle response is nice :) I cant crawl around in traffic now knowing once i pull on my right and it will accelerate quicker! I spent £2 in total for this mod and very happy

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
d-r125 said:
For as cheap as this mod is its more than enough gain! The throttle response is nice :) I cant crawl around in traffic now knowing once i pull on my right and it will accelerate quicker! I spent £2 in total for this mod and very happy
Yeah I was really happy on the way home felt really good and even acceleration seemed to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Yeah I was really happy on the way home felt really good and even acceleration seemed to improve.

LOL check your comments on profile just posted their :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only thing i will complain about this mod is that my stock exhaust mod i did no longer makes that popping noise!!! very disapointed by this lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
It was my intention to do this quick and easy mod when I gave my bike a service in a couple of week’s time. This got me thinking if there was to be any noticeable difference I would not be able to say if it was the service or the mod that influenced it.
So with a couple of minutes spare this morning before I set off for work I decided to do the pipe bung mod. I had already made a couple of bungs out of stainless steel at work a while ago so the parts were to hand. Whipped the R/H boomerang panel of, carried out the mod, panel back on, cup of coffee still warm, sorted.

Only done my 7 mile commute which has varying types of roads and traffic conditions.

Got to agree with you Scott there is a difference so I am going to fully test it out on the long way home.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BustaGuttt said:
It was my intention to do this quick and easy mod when I gave my bike a service in a couple of week’s time. This got me thinking if there was to be any noticeable difference I would not be able to say if it was the service or the mod that influenced it.
So with a couple of minutes spare this morning before I set off for work I decided to do the pipe bung mod. I had already made a couple of bungs out of stainless steel at work a while ago so the parts were to hand. Whipped the R/H boomerang panel of, carried out the mod, panel back on, cup of coffee still warm, sorted.

Only done my 7 mile commute which has varying types of roads and traffic conditions.

Got to agree with you Scott there is a difference so I am going to fully test it out on the long way home.
Yeah I like the improvement accept for losing my popping

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
So it probably wasn't the air bung mod stopping popping after all then :p
Mine's still going strong :D

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Killachipmunk said:
So it probably wasn't the air bung mod stopping popping after all then :p
Mine's still going strong :D
No not at all I just didn't notice my end cap broke off. Only noticed in the daylight at lunchtime. New exhaust time.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
So that you can get a sports exhaust and I can get a wrecked stock, riiight? :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts