Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So happy! Second attempt today, had training and passed with 4 minors. To anyone scared or worried to do it, just get it done, once you're doing it you'll enjoy, and once you've passed you haven't got to do it again.
Didn't on the r125 tho, its possible but i wanted to make it easier for my self :p

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
Why everyone is so worried about doing it on the r125

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why everyone is so worried about doing it on the r125

I tried it the first time on the r125 mate, and put my foot down on the U turn. Its possible but the turning circle is was quite big on the r, just makes people feel more nervous i suppose

·
Administrator
10,703 Posts
I know loads of guys did it on the r125 I one hit but everyone is different

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
bikerboy said:
I know loads of guys did it on the r125 I one hit but everyone is different

I'm going to book and do it on mine. U turn is ok as long as you know where the turning stops. I find if you actually hit the full lock it puts you off balance once I did that u turns are fine now. Only thing is figure 8 but I hear and see you can do that as wide as you like.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I'm going to book and do it on mine. U turn is ok as long as you know where the turning stops. I find if you actually hit the full lock it puts you off balance once I did that u turns are fine now. Only thing is figure 8 but I hear and see you can do that as wide as you like.

You get as much width as possible, BUT you can't go past the second cone, so it is kind of irrelevant.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Fisher said:
You get as much width as possible, BUT you can't go past the second cone, so it is kind of irrelevant.
So the figure of 8 is down round the 2nd and 3rd cone from the end and not going past the last one?

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts

Reactions: Tom Bark

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Obviously, you don't have to do perfect circles, you CAN do an eliptical shape instead, but the wider you go, then the sharper you will have to turn to get around the cone.

I hope that makes sense, I will draw a diagram later if you want :p

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Fisher said:
Obviously, you don't have to do perfect circles, you CAN do an eliptical shape instead, but the wider you go, then the sharper you will have to turn to get around the cone.

I hope that makes sense, I will draw a diagram later if you want :p
I do love your diagrams Cam. Should be ok on this one as seen that chart you out above and am sure on the day everything is explained very clearly. My hope and plan is to have my L's off by may at the latest.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
End of the year for me! I just measured out 7.5metres It seems massive space!!! The thing I do wrong is full lock and that causes me to be unstable I guess! I need to go somewhere to practice one day! Can someone confirm how many chances you get on U turn... I no for high speed its 2

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
End of the year for me! I just measured out 7.5metres It seems massive space!!! The thing I do wrong is full lock and that causes me to be unstable I guess! I need to go somewhere to practice one day! Can someone confirm how many chances you get on U turn... I no for high speed its 2
Only the one.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Only the one.
The only reason you get two attempts on the high speed, is if you don't ACHIEVE the correct speed...
If you achieve the correct speed, but don't stop in the box, or whatever, that is still a fail.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
d-r125 said:
100% sure its 7.5metres checked on the dsa site on diagram and breakdown etc
Cool man maybe I will set up a practice at 6 metres and then have plenty of room on the day.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Look what I just found in my desk at work:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts