Yamaha YZF R125 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went over to jack lillys triumph today and iv fallen in love...for the second time!

only if i was 18 and get finance i would of done that!!
they want £7999 for it. 1owner and with 5500 miles on it!
i was sad to have to walk out of the shop!!
but hey this time next year i should have the money to get a 2009 se one:)

·
Registered
686 Posts
don't buy on finance. it'll be the biggest mistake of your entire life.

·
Registered
686 Posts
it's a massive commitment to make and i regret it nearly every day. i could've paid off an immacluate '08 plate by now but i've got 10 months of negative equity left still and if i write it off, my excess alone screws me into still having to pay out each month for a bike i will no longer own.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea now that i think of it. i dont really want to commite myself to a 8 grand bike!
i mean i would love getting it but if i ever lost my job or somthing and i couldnt pay for it, i would be screwed!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I am considering getting a bike on finance.
I wont have the money out right...

But when I finish college and start working full time I will have a fair ammount of disposable income.

I should hopefully be able to pay off the entire bike in under a year.

I would aim to buy second hand, from a dealer. I think my local dealer is offering 4% finance on second hand bikes...
Although, I would seriously consider buying brand new...

No second hand issues (however rare they are).
Free restrictor kit...
0% finance OR free subsidised insurance...
Possibly some extra kit thrown in for free too!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
or save ya money, do DAS then you dont need it restricted ;)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea if i was gunna get brand new i would want it to be 0% finance!
i was reading some of the finace options and some other the amount of top u have to pay is stupid!

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's what I do with finance, pay off within the first year, that way you don't have to pay for a majority of the interest charges etc.
When I get my 600, I'll be after a used one at around £3500 on finance, because realistically I could pay it off within 15months. I'll be getting it from the same dealer as I've used for my 50cc and 125cc, so they've said they'll throw in a free restrictor kit and I'm sure I could haggle them into giving me some free gear on top of that :p

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Well... 4% finance isn't TOO bad.
A £4,000 bike only costs £4,160.
Which is only an extra £4 or so month...

ALTERNATIVELY.
If you are old enough to get a credit card, you can get a 2 year 0% interest loan ;)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well... 4% finance isn't TOO bad.
A £4,000 bike only costs £4,160.
Which is only an extra £4 or so month...

ALTERNATIVELY.
If you are old enough to get a credit card, you can get a 2 year 0% interest loan ;)
yea 4% ant bad!
its when its like 26% its stupid!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've considered a loan rather than finance, to buy the bike outright and not have to worry about GAP etc, but most banks require a minimum £1000 paid in per month for the last 12 months :/

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I've considered a loan rather than finance, to buy the bike outright and not have to worry about GAP etc, but most banks require a minimum £1000 paid in per month for the last 12 months :hmm:
Hey, if you are old enough for a credit card, and have a relatively good rating.
You can get One card. Pay Pal yourself the maximum ammount.

Then open ANOTHER credit card, that has a 0% balance transfer for 2 years or whatever.
THEN, transfer the balance of the first card to the second card.

Voila, 0% loan :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Don't get finance you be f for life
Thats just simply not true.

I got my bike on 0% and have only 6 months left to pay on it. I won't be f'ked for life.

Ben if your going to pay it off inside a year or 15 months, it is probably wise to go and see your bank about getting a short term loan, they tend to give you better interest rates than credit cards and finance companies.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can get finance from Blackhorse if you're under 18, if you have a co-signer/guarantor, but it won't go on your credit record.

Yeah, I'll have a talk with my bank when it gets round to upgrading, hopefully that'll be in April/May in which I should have about £2000 saved up after I pay off my 125.

·
Registered
686 Posts
well i got a 0% finance deal with a brand new bike and i regret it, so i'm simply warning you guys. no one here's looking into a 125 on finance, though.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i got a 0% finance deal with a brand new bike and i regret it, so i'm simply warning you guys. no one here's looking into a 125 on finance, though.
yea im not sure i would do it on a 125. but if i was gunna keep it for a long time i might think about! but i was only plannin on keeping mine for a year or so

1 - 20 of 70 Posts