Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dials, not the bike ;) haha

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i think its a universal speedo clock thingy but it looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
No lie, if that was plug and play, I'd be on it, that is sexy as fuck!

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
If a clock's all you need, why don't you do the watch mod that I did? :p

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I used to have a little stick on clock but it came off... Still to this day do not understand why they never put the time on the comp???

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Would be too complex, the dash would need to stay powered while the bike's not on!

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
The clock stays on, same with all modern phones. Anything that has a clock on can never be absolutely switched off!
Your dash goes completely off I'm sure.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
The clock stays on, same with all modern phones. Anything that has a clock on can never be absolutely switched off!
Your dash goes completely off I'm sure.
But even normal phone with battery removed clock is still right. Can't be still running with no battery? i dunno i am prob wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
But even normal phone with battery removed clock is still right. Can't be still running with no battery? i dunno i am prob wrong.
good point i can take my bat out put it back in and time would be correct

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Now here I could be wrong, but I'm guessing some will use a little backup battery or such, and a lot of smartphones will probably auto-correct off 3G or somthing.

·
Registered
712 Posts
good point i can take my bat out put it back in and time would be correct
Think about chaps, it's a device that receives packets of data, what does it probably do when it registers with a network, yes, it receives the current time, probably encoded as the number of seconds since the epoch, which is normally taken as the number of seconds since the 1st January 1970 at midnight.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Think about chaps, it's a device that receives packets of data, what does it probably do when it registers with a network, yes, it receives the current time, probably encoded as the number of seconds since the epoch, which is normally taken as the number of seconds since the 1st January 1970 at midnight.
Right so how do you explain my laptop displaying the right time with no internet connection? when powered off and left and then power back on? it would not be hard to put clock on R125 comp as many/most other bikes have it.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
Just an added layer of complexity I reckon they didn't do to cut costs :p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts